The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

I found out that Pekin bantams can not show in the APA
hmm.png

You can if you call them Cochins which is what they're known as in the US. The British Standard lists large fowl Cochins & Pekin Bantams. In The US both the large fowl & bantams are known as Cochins.

Last edited:
I don't think the PO was nice to my BLRW eggs. Out of 12 set, now on day 6, only three are growing embryos. The others looked clear/scrambled ugh. Now I want more eggs! All of my other shipped eggs this year had done much better. :(

I don't think the PO was nice to my BLRW eggs. Out of 12 set, now on day 6, only three are growing embryos. The others looked clear/scrambled ugh. Now I want more eggs! All of my other shipped eggs this year had done much better. :(
It happens, sometimes I think the more fragile stickers they put on the box, the worst they treat it.

They weren't nice to mine. I received 19 eggs, one was broken, and I have just 2 alive at 16 days. I hope they make it to hatch. There was only 1 little siticker on the box saying fragile. Needless to say I'm not pleased with the PO right now.

They weren't nice to mine. I received 19 eggs, one was broken, and I have just 2 alive at 16 days. I hope they make it to hatch. There was only 1 little siticker on the box saying fragile. Needless to say I'm not pleased with the PO right now.
I had a couple of hatches of no chicks. I got tired of the disappointment and started buying chicks, they cost a little more but you get guaranteed chicks.

Back
Top Bottom