The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

Hi all!

I have a pair of black rose comb Wyandotte bantams. They hatched 2 white hen babies last year. I found out from a APA judge yesterday, that this is not only very rare, but also a very good thing. He also told me the white hens are good quality and should be used for breeding.

Is anyone able to explain to me why having a white off spring from black parents is such a good thing?

Hi! I found a silver penciled bantam Wyandotte hen and rooster at the chicken swap. Hens color is silver but tinged brownish. But shes beautiful. Rooster got picked up for a date from raccoon that night to never return. They must've fell in love. But anyway now I need a roo. Does anyone have silver penciled bantams??

Points deducted. I have 2 whites that hatched from black parents, they have black spots throughout feathers, and was positive they would be DQ'd, but Rick Hare told me they were worth showing.

Any comments on the above pictures?
idunno.gif

sorry, I guess we don't have enough traffic on this thread.....

And I am no help. Maybe you could ask on the regular Wyandotte thread? It tends to have more traffic.

@ChelseysChicken

they are not sure broody, but do go broody.

I have always found it hard to evaluate photo's of chickens....but for some reason I still post expecting others to be able to
gig.gif
. Any ways I'll give it a shot.

The 2 White's look good from the side. Its hard to tell exactly how tall they are or how 'chubby' they are. I know chubby isn't a technical term, but my 2 white hens look 'chubby' or 'fluffy'. I've had Art Lundgren and Rick Hare both look mine over with me and the type is correct. (Which reminds me I need to place an order with Art for a white cockerel and a pair of black pullets....)

It is very hard to see any details at all to evaluate the Black ones.

I just got my first pair of bantam Wyandottes. They are black. They are round and as a ball. So cute. I went to the Tucson poultry show to watch and came how with two pairs of full-sized SLW and this bantam pair (and a free pair of call ducks!).

I don't have any pictures yet. I hadn't planned on breeding for show purposes, but they are so adorable. When I can get a separate coop for them, I'd like to get a couple more for a breeding quad. I have no idea where I'd get any in southern Arizona, though. I'm not good enough at hatching my own eggs to even consider shipping eggs.

I can't wait to learn more. BYC is such a great place!

Back
Top Bottom