The Wyandotte Thread

You could get blue's too but they might be more on the gold side like this girl.  I like her but she is almost penciled.... I have that in a few of my birds too.  I had a hen that didn't show the penciling till she molted and I had hatched a ton from her so it is a cull point, but they look interesting. 

It was not an intentional mating on my behalf, she did have very nice type but I sold her as a ' pretty backyard layer '.

This is my blrw rooster, he's ruffled up a little bit from my Ameraucana rooster but he's foley line his parents came direct from foley

Last edited:
You could get blue's too but they might be more on the gold side like this girl. I like her but she is almost penciled.... I have that in a few of my birds too. I had a hen that didn't show the penciling till she molted and I had hatched a ton from her so it is a cull point, but they look interesting.
I have two Wyandottes that have a lot of red on them maybe there BLRW. What does that stand for anyways?

Does anyone here breed buff wyandottes? I got some eggs off ebay that were ment to be buff but their feathers arn't coming in buff. I have kept buffs before but never bred them. I hatched a few buff columbian before but even they feathered in more buff than this, they were also a solid colour as chicks. They had no marks on their heads. Could anyone tell me if they have any birds like this? There's only 4 of them.

Just ignore the pheasant.

Back
Top Bottom