The Wyandotte Thread

Hi!
I will read up on this thread but in the meantime I have to ask for help!
(no replies in the emergency thread)

I have an 8 week old Columbian Wynadotte who can't poop & is leaking stinky white discharge from her vent.
I have over 40 chickens, and have never dealt with this.
Also never dealt w/ cocci til last month either. Everyone seems to have made a full recovery except her.
I'm wondering how to help this little girl & if could have possibly been brought on my the cocci outbreak...
Any & all advise would be greatly appreciated! She is in a box in the house tonight & I can hear her cry every time she has to poop.
Gave her yogurt today w/ marshmallow root powder in it hoping to soothe the insides... I want to help her as this is only one of four Wyandottes... all my first of this breed.
I have always loved them & hate to see anyone suffer... help please...???

No reply by tomorrow in any of the threads I've posted her story in & I'll assume this is a culling.
sad.png

Hi!
I will read up on this thread but in the meantime I have to ask for help!
(no replies in the emergency thread)

I have an 8 week old Columbian Wynadotte who can't poop & is leaking stinky white discharge from her vent.
Very sorry to hear this. I don't know much about what will help, but I'd probably try a bit of olive oil (that smooths out the intestinal flow) and perhaps antibiotics.

If she's constipated, you could put on a rubber glove, oil up your little finger with olive oil or antibiotic ointment and gently insert in there. Wear an apron.

But I am not any kind of expert on this... I don't see your post in the emergencies thread?

Here's a video of some SLW chicks (standards) I hatched last year. Pardon the extraordinarily shoddy camerawork. With the angle of the sun being what it was, I couldn't see much of anything through the viewfinder while filming. The little twerp with the single comb is Yammis.

Here's a video of some SLW chicks (standards) I hatched last year. Pardon the extraordinarily shoddy camerawork. With the angle of the sun being what it was, I couldn't see much of anything through the viewfinder while filming. The little twerp with the single comb is Yammis.
Cuties :D

Thought some may want to see our latest Buff Wyandotte Bantams.Here are some of our juveniles that are available. Currently we have 2 pairs. We also have a single comb cockerel with very yellow shanks. It would be useful to improve fertility. (see the link in our signature).

Here is a little bit about our line of Buff Wyandotte Bantams and photos of our breeders. (Below).

Our Buff Wyandotte Bantams originated from Parent Stock acquired from some of the top breeders. Our Buff Wyandotte Bantams are true to breed and type. Our Buff Wyandotte Bantams are most gentle. We breed only from birds that meet the American Standard of Perfection. We have placed Best and Reserve Variety at every show we have shown at, including the 2010 APA National.
Jim has been an Endowment Trust Lifetime member of the American Poultry Association since 1991. These Buff Wyandotte Bantams are the finest quality we have ever owned.
We placed 2nd male with our Buff Wyandottes at Crossroads Joint National.
Lou Horton confirmed that our line is from his line. We also have some of the Anderson line.
We have now added a male from the Tom Boebuck line.

$(KGrHqF,!nUE8VHENsu4BPikP!VB0g~~60_57.JPG

295491_4078572450359_734045837_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom