Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
Here they are one day after hatching in front of their egg carton and here is one of them, 'Coconut' and the two others ' Popcorn and SnowWhite' . All Laying at 19 weeks!! ~ LOVE THEM!!
love.gif

Agreed, super cool!

Hubby and I just got back from Trader joes where we selected the best eggs we could find, and candled them in front of the fridge, LOL. People thought (rightly) that we were nuts and we are!
ya.gif
wee.gif
Now they're settling in my daughter's room which she donated as it's the most stable in the house
thumbsup.gif

Hubby wants to hatch all 12 but we only have room for up to 6, and already have 2... but it should be ok.

Ugh, so much work to do..........

If they all turn out to be hens, I'm going to Vegas! LOL

Last edited:
Agreed, super cool!

Hubby and I just got back from Trader joes where we selected the best eggs we could find, and candled them in front of the fridge, LOL. People thought (rightly) that we were nuts and we are!
ya.gif
wee.gif
Now they're settling in my daughter's room which she donated as it's the most stable in the house
thumbsup.gif

Hubby wants to hatch all 12 but we only have room for up to 6, and already have 2... but it should be ok.

Ugh, so much work to do..........

If they all turn out to be hens, I'm going to Vegas! LOL
CONGRATS Cluck- Cluck! How eggciting! You can incubate all 12- not all of them will develop, and out of those that do, only some make it to the end. I set the whole dozen, and all 12 showed spiders on day 3, then by day 6 two had blood rings, then another one quit around day 8. So I went into lock-down with 9 and out of those, one died trying to get out of the shell and three more never even tried- so I ended up with 5 chicks.
I would suggest setting the whole dozen with the hopes you end up with the 6 you want. Let them sit overnight at room temperature before you set them in the incubator.
FINGERS CROSSED you get 6 hens!!
fl.gif

Thank you, LOL, Yes, that's what I'm doing, they're resting in darling daughter's bedroom. I was a little worried about condensation as they were quite cold and it's still hot here, but they didn't get wet, thank goodness. If they're warm enough, I may put them in when I wake up in the morning ;)

Cluck-Cluck It's been sooooo hot here too! We had 108 in the shade last week! We have no A/C because we live close to the coast- it was brutal!
Good Luck with your new hatch- can hardly wait to see pix!

The eggs are in! Clock is ticking, oops, gotta print my incubator chart and mark it!!! LOL 12 eggs in all! If they all hatch, I'll have to make a new brooder 'cause with 4.5 week old chicks in the old rabbit hutch, it's starting to look REALLY small! And I thought it was so roomy,
th.gif

Back to work... LOL

YAY!!! More egg watching
caf.gif
I couldn't resist candling mine every other day or so- I LOVED watching them develop - it's like a chicken sonogram.
Take lots of photos- --- hoping for 6 hens at least from your hatch!
fl.gif

UGH! 5 hours in and I broke one! I dropped the thermostat on 'em and one broke
hit.gif

I can't help but think of the song, 100 bottles of beer on the wall....

12 eggs in the incubator
12 eggs in the 'bator
I turn them round drop one on the ground
11 eggs in the incubator

lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom