Trapped a Neighbor's Dog on My Deck....Got an Earful

I will never understand people like that. How hard is it to keep your animals in check? Since I do love dogs I will give the owner a chance. I had a "talk" with a new neighbor we had about their dog coming thru the field, the woods and ending up at our place. They said the dog gets out and they can't control it. Matter of fact I said if it comes on my land again I will control it for you. The dog didn't get out anymore.

Steve

Quote:
Exactly! That kid would feel like one of those metal ducks at a shooting game on the carnival midway. Dance fool dance!

Quote:
As I read the regulations I don't see that the offending dog has to kill a chicken(livestock) before you can dispatch it. Injury can happen as a chicken is being chased(STRESS is being harmed!). If you have a video camera and the dog come chasing again film it. That will help your case a lot!

I like our Kentucky regs that simply state "haressment". It makes the problem much simpler to deal with.

Larry

lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Exactly! That kid would feel like one of those metal ducks at a shooting game on the carnival midway. Dance fool dance!

DH called the sheriff and animal control. They said nothing criminal happened, no witnesses (except me), but that if we feel threatened, we can go to magistrate's court and swear out a warrant for him. If the dog comes back, take pictures, call animal control and they'll remove him from the property. So, when his dad gets home in the morning, his dad will be told that we feel threatened by his son and that we are within our rights to swear out a warrant for his arrest. We'll go from there. The problem is that this kid often gets drunk with his delinquent friends and I wouldn't put it past him to organize a killing party and come up here to kill the birds. Good thing we have baby monitors in each coop, except for the Firetower where Nora and her chicks are.

First call the cops and do a written report. This kid threatened you guys, do it now!
Don't wait for his dad to come over, get it done now.
Sounds like the kid didn't get his butt beat enough when he was younger.

Got a good chuckle out of some of the comments.

We have a little podunk sheriff's office. Some are older than Barney Fife, I think. I want DH to make a report, but he is just too laid back and called to talk to the sheriff's office rather than just say, "I want to make a report". I'm going to work on him about that.

Back
Top Bottom