True Blue Whiting info please?

Well I know that this thread is dead now but I just wanted to come on and correct the people saying that WTBs are “overpriced Easter eggers”. They are NOT Easter eggers. Easter Eggers don’t have a double blue gene and can lay a variety of different coloured eggs. WTBs are their own breed and supposed to be homozygous, so they do lay true for blue eggs. I have one myself and she lays a beautiful bright blue egg without any green tint to it! If you want lots of good info on this breed check out Silver Homestead, they breed whiting true blues and their flock is all homozygous.
The easter egger thing is very frustrating for sure!

Oh my goodness! Please keep post updated with pics as they hatch and grow! I'm excited to see what you end up with. I love the wide variety of feather colors and types with clean faces or muffs both possible. I'm in TX also and purchased my 2 girls as pullets. I needed guaranteed hens and had a hard time choosing as they are so varied and beautiful.

We are up to 4 chicks now. The third one looks mostly black with yellow underside.
IMG_9952.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom