TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Just called our tsc to see if chicks were in yet. Cornish rock straight run is all they got and they don't know when next shipment will be in or what they will be cuz word hasn't been sent down yet she said. Bummer!

Kentucky Hillview TSC location is supposed to get chicks in this morning. They had everything set up saturday.

Update: TSC in Hillview Kentucky now have buff orpingtons and mallard ducks in. st run

Last edited:
We called practically all the TSC's here in Western KY, and all of them said they're waiting on a call from the Post Office. Aaarrrrggghhhh! I want more chickens NOW.

I'm in California. Last year was the first time we had a TSC around here and they had HUNDREDS of chicks. Of course the people working had no clue what was what and several tried to sell me "pullets" that were obviously roosters, and "bantam" is a breed...
idunno.gif

I wish they'd tell y what came in in the shipment, or at least where it is from so you could try and guess what breeds there are...

Don't buy from them. I don't like doing business with ignorant people. Buy from Rivertown Feed, which gets birds from Privett. You can order what you want through them if you want quantity less than 25. At least they know what they have and where it came from. Tractor Supply just puts local feed stores and breeders under the burden of doing less business. TS is a corporate chain carrying a lot of Chinese products and their staff doesn't know the difference between a lemon or a lime.

Last edited:
guess it depends on your tractor supply. Ours had cornish crosses, assorted bantams, assorted pullets and ducks when we were there yesterday. They were not labeled as to breed, but they did have picutres of the various breeds as chicks and what they would look like as adults. The minimum chick order was 6 and ducks were 2. The cornish crosses of which they had several hundred were gone in no time. They also had plenty of production reds and a good number of legghorns. Sadly DH did not think I needed any more. ; (

They got bantams in today.

Went there straight after work and only 6 left. I was so lucky.

Any help as to what they may be...

1 looks like my red (earlier posted and identified as a Booted)

4 are like this one (with feathered legs)...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the last one (about the same size as a golf ball and NO feather on legs)...

Did you ever figure out what this last chick was. The one with the clean legs? I'm curious cause I have one that appears just like it.

I think it depends on the person working at the time. Some folks just reach right in and the person working just doesn't know how to politely tell them they can't or they are just want to avoid conflict to make the sale. I wouldn't let my kids grab chicks or ducklings in the bins but that is my personal preference. I do try to go when a certain lady is working cuz she'll hold em up for u and she knows her stuff. This year I know a bit on how to sex certain kinds so I may be one of those that discreetly ply the trade, respectfully not JUST taking pullets cuz if every knowledgeable chicken person got all pullets then some newby (like me last year) would end up with a bunch of roosters and not want to get more chickens! :)

I just talked to the guy, asked him if he'd mind if I *tried* to see if I could pick out pullets only. He handed them to me, and I checked them out (making sure they were healthy too) and handed them back to him, so he could box them. He actually asked me if I'd been raising chickens all my life. It was kinda flattering, since I have only cared for chickens a few weeks in my life (worked as a temp at the petting zoo in my teens).

Asking gets you a long way, generally.

I've ended up with one roo so far. One out of ten isn't too shabby.

Did you ever figure out what this last chick was. The one with the clean legs? I'm curious cause I have one that appears just like it.

No, I haven't yet. Did a lot of searching on the web. Only found a few so far with that color pattern & bantam...Silver DuckWing Old English, Welsummer, Silver DuckWing Phoenix and various colors of Dutch. But I am still looking.

Back
Top Bottom