Tyson Chicken

TenTimes

Chirping
Jun 10, 2023
Did you know that the NPIP (National Poultry Improvement Plan) was created in 1935? Did you also know that Tyson Foods (yes, Tyson chicken) was founded in 1935? Is the NPIP really an "Improvement Plan", or just a way to stop backyard breeders from making a living?

I don't buy into this conspiracy theory at all. :idunno
Backyard breeders can make a living if they desire to breed chickens and sell them. The profit margin is small,,,,, and if you do thousands,,, that small profit margin,,,, translates to a large sum of money.
The dates may just be coincidence... Do some more research, and post your findings supporting your theory.
I am open minded, and will read and evaluate your findings.
BTW,,, I do not see NPIP as a bad idea.
In our fast changing times,,,,,, (last hundred years) there have been many rules and regulations installed in so many different fields. They were for the good of progress, and safety. Yet there are still individuals with differing ideas,, that do not agree unanimously.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

I don't buy into this conspiracy theory at all. :idunno
Backyard breeders can make a living if they desire to breed chickens and sell them. The profit margin is small,,,,, and if you do thousands,,, that small profit margin,,,, translates to a large sum of money.
The dates may just be coincidence... Do some more research, and post your findings supporting your theory.
I am open minded, and will read and evaluate your findings.
BTW,,, I do not see NPIP as a bad idea.
In our fast changing times,,,,,, (last hundred years) there have been many rules and regulations installed in so many different fields. They were for the good of progress, and safety. Yet there are still individuals with differing ideas,, that do not agree unanimously.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
I appreciate your best effort to steer my controversial question into the direction of make-believe conspiracy theories and your overly simplistic business theory of making profits.

I'm not a student and I'm not looking for guidance, direction, evaluation, or approval. My question gives you the opportunity to try your own hand at research.

You say all the rules and regulations from the last 100 years "were for the good of progress"...

Your homework assignment is to research "Schechter Poultry Corp. v. United States". Note the year.

Then read "How the Government Aids the Poultry Industry" from the "Seventh World's Poultry Congress" Cleveland, Ohio 1939.

Key questions:

1. Do you notice any propaganda? If so, from whom?
2. Are emergencies considered emergencies of the people, or for the profits and losses of Big Chicken in partnership with Big Gov?
3. In your opinion, did Big Gov get involved in the chicken industry to:
A. help people better understand how to raise chickens for food and profit.
B. stop backyard breeders from killing all the poultry across the country with unsanitary practices and disease
C. protect profits of Big Chicken and get tax dollars assigned to themselves

Bonus question:

Would more people be inclined to buy from NPIP flocks if they didn't have to give their name, address, and phone number?

Did you know that the NPIP (National Poultry Improvement Plan) was created in 1935? Did you also know that Tyson Foods (yes, Tyson chicken) was founded in 1935? Is the NPIP really an "Improvement Plan", or just a way to stop backyard breeders from making a living?
NPIP is designed to prevent the transmission of a few serious illnesses to commercial flocks, iirc

I appreciate your best effort to steer my controversial question into the direction of make-believe conspiracy theories and your overly simplistic business theory of making profits.

I'm not a student and I'm not looking for guidance, direction, evaluation, or approval. My question gives you the opportunity to try your own hand at research.

You say all the rules and regulations from the last 100 years "were for the good of progress"...

Your homework assignment is to research "Schechter Poultry Corp. v. United States". Note the year.

Then read "How the Government Aids the Poultry Industry" from the "Seventh World's Poultry Congress" Cleveland, Ohio 1939.

Key questions:

1. Do you notice any propaganda? If so, from whom?
2. Are emergencies considered emergencies of the people, or for the profits and losses of Big Chicken in partnership with Big Gov?
3. In your opinion, did Big Gov get involved in the chicken industry to:
A. help people better understand how to raise chickens for food and profit.
B. stop backyard breeders from killing all the poultry across the country with unsanitary practices and disease
C. protect profits of Big Chicken and get tax dollars assigned to themselves

Bonus question:

Would more people be inclined to buy from NPIP flocks if they didn't have to give their name, address, and phone number?
Which implies you’re the professor and we’re the students? And we’ve signed up for a free class?

OR are you INFACT the student, trying to use us for free research?!?

Your honor, I rest my case!

If it wasn’t evident, I’m just having fun. 😛❤️

Which implies you’re the professor and we’re the students? And we’ve signed up for a free class?

OR are you INFACT the student, trying to use us for free research?!?

Your honor, I rest my case!

If it wasn’t evident, I’m just having fun. 😛❤️
😝I'm not the professor. I'm just one of you from the backyard. He wanted to read and evaluate my findings. I was just giving him some. His "homework" was phrased like that because of his condescension.

I'll answer the bonus question. Yes.

There is absolutely no need to be NPIP as a backyard breeder - I'd wager most are not. NPIP is only needed if your birds are crossing State lines. In Florida, NPIP is free - just call the State and allow the inspections. In other states, its heavily subsidized. In places like CA and WA, its stupid expensive - but that has more to do with the politics of those states than anything Tyson may want.

As conspiracy theories go, its not the stupidest thing I've heard all year, but only the most ignorant of poultry history and basic economics would consider it remotely plausible.

Correlation, as they say, is not causation.

NPIP is the Fed Gov't solution to the problem of mass transit of poultry (as result of allowing USPS to transport chickens) which allowed previously isolated pockets of disease (such as P T - pullorum typhoid and salmonella) to be rapidly spread around the nation, at risk to both household and commercial keepers. The problem arose much earlier - Congress was typically slow to the effort, and the individual States were slower still to enact state laws requiring NPIP certification (or similar, such as vet inspection) for poultry to cross into their State.

As a broad policy measure, selective quarantine is still the "go to" of choice for many governments, as seen most recently in the numerous nations which required a negative COVID test before boarding an international flight.

The big difference, of course, is that unlike COVID lockdowns, NPIP participation is optional. and as a joint individual/State/Federal program, its been less subject to rent seekign behaviors by large donors/corporate influence (i.e Tyson, ConAgra, Pilgrim's Pride, the various hatcheries, and all the rest) than many other Gov't programs I can name.

Back
Top Bottom