Barred rock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel this is what happened to us, but at Murdoch’s, in Missoula, MT. Last year we thought we were getting a Welsummer and she turned out to be a he and a Road
island red. This year, a jersey giants/austrolop (we shall see...) instead of a barred rock. Annoying.
This is a situation where your best defense is yourself......familiarizing yourself with basic breed characteristics (comb type, leg color, toe count, down/plumage pattern and expected leg, facial or head feathering, etc) means regardless of what a store associate or sign says, you will know what to look for. In the day and age of smart phones it can be a matter of pulling out your phone while standing at the chick bins.

This is a situation where your best defense is yourself......familiarizing yourself with basic breed characteristics (comb type, leg color, toe count, down/plumage pattern and expected leg, facial or head feathering, etc) means regardless of what a store associate or sign says, you will know what to look for. In the day and age of smart phones it can be a matter of pulling out your phone while standing at the chick bins.
I can stand there with pics pulled up and still get totally confused. I see those chicks and my eyes and brain start spinning with greed! Sometimes i have thrown my phone down and said, "one of each please."

I feel this is what happened to us, but at Murdoch’s, in Missoula, MT. Last year we thought we were getting a Welsummer and she turned out to be a he and a Road
island red. This year, a jersey giants/austrolop (we shall see...) instead of a barred rock. Annoying.
Okay.

Our Rhode Island Red hen (8 mos) hasn't been healthy since we got her at a hatchery. Now her eyes are matted shut. I clean them regularly with a saline water solution. Any suggestions?

Our Rhode Island Red hen (8 mos) hasn't been healthy since we got her at a hatchery. Now her eyes are matted shut. I clean them regularly with a saline water solution. Any suggestions?
You'd have better luck making your own thread in the diseases section.

Back
Top Bottom