Utah!

I candled the eggs again. 9/13 are developing, with one possible quitter. Hoping I have chicks in two weeks.....

And I have two more on the table in case these fail. C'mon, girls.

I candled the eggs again. 9/13 are developing, with one possible quitter. Hoping I have chicks in two weeks.....

fl.gif

These are beautiful! Do you take orders? ;)

Haha! I'm sure there are much more qualified people whom you'd much rather use!!! Haha.

With all this positive energy, the universe is bound to give you spring icees.

For those of you up here in Cache Valley, any chance you have a smaller coop you are thinking about getting rid of? I'm still watching the sales sites and classifieds but not seeing a whole lot. Don't want to look too far out since we'll probably have to rent a uhaul to pick it up. If not and you make your own, where the cheapest place in the valley to get 4x8 sheets of plywood and other materials to build it? I'm also looking for a nipple watering container. One of my chicks has scissor beak that's gotten much worse in the past week and Ive read that the nipple waterers are much easier for them to drink from.
Here's one of my 2 year old twins chatting with our sweet little BR.

Here's all my lil fluff butts...

Butterscotch (BO) & Pop Rocks (BR)

Twizzler (LB) & Snickers (GLW)

Skittles & Peep (EEs sold as Ameraucanas?)

Licorice (CM) & Twix (Welsummer)

Here's all my lil fluff butts...

Butterscotch (BO) & Pop Rocks (BR)

Twizzler (LB) & Snickers (GLW)

Skittles & Peep (EEs sold as Ameraucanas?)

Licorice (CM) & Twix (Welsummer)
I have a small coop that is 3/4" of the way built. I am building out of all recycled and purposed material. Its 3' d x 4' w. i was going to ask $400 finished but i would go lower since it is not. It sits about 16" off of the ground with a 26" x 38" smooth insulated fiber glass door on exterior door frame. its sided with 1/2" wood grain T&G hardy board. 2x4 framing.2 nesting boxes that open from behind instead of from the top (no leaks).It has vents on all four sides as well as a 1/2 insulated glass window n the front for light. The chicken door will be a 1" solid wood door that slides up and down in steel tracks (easily hooked up to some kind of electric opener). I have not built the roof yet but have every thing to finish it. The roofing material is just recycled plywood and OSB board but you could buy a sheet. home depot 5 minutes from my house has 7/16" osb for 9.89 for a 4x8 sheet. I have some tin sheets for the roofing itself. Oh ya i forgot to mention it . comes with a EMTEK oil rubbed bronze handset. It was made to hold 5 or 6 hens but 8 Lf girls might be pushing it.But then again my coop is 5 x7 and it is currently home to 24 mixed size hens and one handsome Silkie rooster. I was building it to be able to come apart in 6 large pcs (bottom, roof , and 4 sides). I also have a role of linoleum for the floor. If you or any one else wants it or knows some one who does let me know and i will post some pictures.

I have a small coop that is 3/4" of the way built. I am building out of all recycled and purposed material. Its 3' d x 4' w. i was going to ask $400 finished but i would go lower since it is not. It sits about 16" off of the ground with a 26" x 38" smooth insulated  fiber glass door on exterior door frame. its sided with 1/2" wood grain T&G hardy board. 2x4 framing.2 nesting boxes that open from behind instead of from the top (no leaks).It has vents on all four sides as well as a 1/2 insulated glass window n the front for light. The chicken door will be a 1" solid wood door that slides up and down in steel tracks (easily hooked up to some kind of electric opener). I have not built the roof yet but have every thing to finish it. The roofing material is just recycled plywood and OSB board but you could buy a sheet.  home depot 5 minutes from my house has 7/16" osb for 9.89 for a 4x8 sheet. I have some tin sheets for the roofing itself. Oh ya i forgot to mention it . comes with a EMTEK oil rubbed bronze handset. It was made to hold 5 or 6 hens but 8 Lf girls might be pushing it.But then again my coop is 5 x7 and it is currently home to 24 mixed size hens and one handsome Silkie rooster. I was building it to be able to come apart in 6 large pcs (bottom, roof , and 4 sides). I also have a role of linoleum for the floor. If you or any one else wants it or knows some one who does let me know and i will post some pictures.

I'm very interested and would love to see pics. Where are you located? We are renting so something that would come apart easier for transportation would be wonderful. But if you're in Lehi, that's quite a ways from Logan.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom