Utah!

Looks like even my Olive Eggers were feeling the freckles this morning. :D

~~Weird! But cute.

Last edited:
Look at this amazing "flock block stand" created by our own RJSorensen. I got gifted this morning, Awesome huh? Thanks RJ!!

Top where the block sits

Bottom. Seriously built to last. Very cool!

Like I was saying about the getting me thinking....after looking at this it dawned on me the metal corner reinforcements are just what we need for my gates on the run, the corners keep getting wobbly. Why didn't I think of that? Haha :confused:

Thanks again my friend :D!

Last edited:
RJ, I was teasing ya. Unless you want a breeding trio, I've got nothing at the moment. My egg production has plummeted to zero in the last week. Oi, must be Fall.

However, I will have you know that I am jealous of the variety in your wife's lovely egg basket! And Lisa, I'm jealous of yours, too. What gorgeous speckles! My Cornish X girls were starting to do that last week. Cruel, I tell you.....

LL

Beautiful!

Lisa, love your eggs too. So, your OE's don't usually lay freckles? That's like what I was trying to explain about my speckled ones on the other site last night. Today, her egg was back to the normal red/brown. With a few specks in it. Normal for her. Wonder why they lay the speckled ones every now and again.

LL
Beautiful! Lisa, love your eggs too. So, your OE's don't usually lay freckles? That's like what I was trying to explain about my speckled ones on the other site last night. Today, her egg was back to the normal red/brown. With a few specks in it. Normal for her. Wonder why they lay the speckled ones every now and again.
They are speckled here and there but seemed to be more than usual this morning. Kinda fun! So....................
Not for long! :lol:
Does this mean you are expecting? When!!! I am going through chick withdrawals. :p

Last edited:
Lisa, you are more than welcome.
cool.png
Red I am weak for Icelandic birds, so yes you had me going. I was working on how to get out your way over the weekend. The bird Lisa has of yours is something right up my alley, I think her a most beautiful specimen. Almost like a bigger BBR banty hen.
wink.png
Cynthia you are going to have new chicks? Which has got me to thinking…
tongue.png

So I can't stand it and I can't wait till spring to see what I get out of my new OEGB Silver Duckwing rooster and the hens I have been buying where ever I can find some non hatchery birds. How crazy is it to try to hatch a batch… say towards the end of November? I will wear my mind out wondering what will or what might be. Perhaps you hatchers know the feeling, but it is new to me. And it is perhaps crazy, but I don't care. I want new chicks, from my own stock. Thoughts, recommendations, insight or advice is welcome as always.
smile.png

Bath house is coming along ok, perhaps paint by the weekend. OH, does anyone have access to a bunch of fireplace or fire pit ash? I am looking for and in need of a bunch to provision my little dust bath house. I am going to try to create an all weather, covered dust bath for the birds, something which won't freeze nor become wet. A 'dusty' dry place for them to groom in year round, well, that is if they will. There is always the chance they will stiff me and ignore my little covered hut.
sad.png

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

Sold the last two chicks I'll have to sell for a while. I'm down to the final four and hopefully will be able to tell who is a roo and who isn't before I run out of room again. Hope I didn't sell all my hens and keep all my roos :)

All those beautiful silver laced chickens made me remember how much I like the gold laced bantam cochin I saw once at the farm at Thanksgiving Point. I think come spring I'll replace one of my Easter eggers with a gold laced something or other. (See, this is how I distract myself from the "are they all roos" question)

I kind of want a gold laced orpington, but those looked like they might be hard to find. I do need a mellower, quieter chicken. Any breed suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom