Utah!

Aunt Hattie - No it wasn't a silkie that the hawk got yesterday, it was a Rhode Island Red named Ivy. When the hawk came back again today it was the Silkies that he tried for but my mom was able to scare him away. Thankfully he missed this time but I'm sure he will be back.

Cynthia - I have to admit, I DID look at your link after you said he looked like Johnny Depp.
big_smile.png
I really liked those chickens. Especially after he said that they were as friendly as Silkies but more able to avoid predators. Interesting..........

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/209821/chicken-moat-anyone-else-have-one

Hey, has anyone heard of this? Reminds me of the system that I saw on the chicken tour that reminded me of hampster tubes. We could let the chickens run around during the day to get under trees and bushes to cool off without the hawks getiing them. I sure will miss having them run up to us and sit in our laps when we go into the backyard though. I go over there when I am stressed for what I call "chicken therapy".

Aunt Hattie - No it wasn't a silkie that the hawk got yesterday, it was a Rhode Island Red named Ivy. When the hawk came back again today it was the Silkies that he tried for but my mom was able to scare him away. Thankfully he missed this time but I'm sure he will be back.

Cynthia - I have to admit, I DID look at your link after you said he looked like Johnny Depp.
big_smile.png
I really liked those chickens. Especially after he said that they were as friendly as Silkies but more able to avoid predators. Interesting..........

Made ya look.
wink.png

Sundance, are your eggs really blue? Do you know what colors your babies will be?
clap.gif

They are really blue ask Sphinx she was here picking up her chicken. I also have some blue eggs from my EE crossed with the Lavender Americana Rooster. I put them in the bator two days ago, I also have some surprise eggs I;m hatching in the hatch a long. No one is currently hatching them so I am going to surprise everyone

Happy, that's terrible! So sorry you guys lost a chicken
hugs.gif
It must be the season. I put pieces of plywood across the top of my run. If you check the Free Stuff section on KSL's classifieds, sometimes people will give away scrap building materials and you can just come pick them up. I mostly used scrap on my run, then trimmed the edges with a circular saw. Works great.

Sundancen, your poor girl! I hope the NN is okay. She was just sitting in her cage when we saw her. I never saw her get up and walk. I'd be so nervous about putting my chickens in the fair, just because I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on them 24/7.

Lisa, how's things today?
hugs.gif

Aunt Hattie, love the eggs! Ameraucana seems to be the word, lately
smile.png
You'll have fun!

And now, I need to go see if I can figure out how to change a towing plug on my truck. I've got the right part to replace it, so let's see if I wire it so that the brake lights show up as hazards on a trailer
lol.png

When I was at CAL RANCH I thought of you. Did you get the job?

Haha Cynthia, yes, I was all quick to go to that link as well. I can see why you thought that about him...BUT I kind of avoid guys that kiss camels so he is not my type lol
th.gif

I know, not so sure about how he was kissing that camel! And, what was funny, is how that camel was looking side ways at the camera..what? lol..

Back
Top Bottom