Violetsfeathers Flock

Pearls is sick, she was droopy and cold, so I put a heat lamp on her, in the morning she was okay but later today mom found her all sick so she brought her inside to warm up and gave her fruit. She got better but she wobbles when she walks, she will be sleeping inside tonight. Pearls recently got a small bump at the corner of her eye and when you look at her pupil from a certain angle it is white. Mom thinks the bump is pushing on her brain and causing her to wobble.

Oh okay. I suppose the age gap is just too much for her.

Wow Dot is one grumpy hen!

Marshmallow and her family are so pretty! The videos got me really excited because in exactly 1 week my hen Siri will hatch out her 5 chicks!!! I hope its okay to post a picture of her, I know this is your flocks thread. She looks a little angry on the picture but she's not, she isn't aggressive to me at all. However she attacks the cats and ducks with fury!
lol.png

What I like to do when I can't think of a name for a chick is I will pick one of the chicks characteristics (for example follow for my silkie chick because she follows me everywhere) then I will go to google translate and translate the word to different languages until I find something I like and that will be the chicks name. For my silkie I did follow in Bengali and got Kara, so I named her Kara

What I like to do when I can't think of a name for a chick is I will pick one of the chicks characteristics (for example follow for my silkie chick because she follows me everywhere) then I will go to google translate and translate the word to different languages until I find something I like and that will be the chicks name. For my silkie I did follow in Bengali and got Kara, so I named her Kara

That's a neat way, but for this batch I'm trying to name them all berry names... :)

Okay so Muffin, a quail D'Anver bantam lives in a bird cage because the other chickens beat up on her and she's scared of everything. I let her out in her own little pen in the day.

This is what her cage is supposed to look like.

This is what it looked like when I walked in the coop this morning. Dot had jumped on the top and it fell in. It was funny so I had to take pics

Back
Top Bottom