Welcome New Section: Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome idea!
yippiechickie.gif

Why dont we have some forum on states and one can look in their state and look up the ordiance that we have copies of in towns or rural areas. I know it does change from time to time.

What you guys say?

Quote:
It varies greatly from county to county and city to city. MN dept. of Ag has a website where you can access all the county ordinance pages. I would think other states would have something similar.

http://www.mda.state.mn.us/animals/aodisclaimer.htm

On another note- could we change the title of this forum to "Local Chicken Laws and Ordinances (and how to work with them). It's just a little less convicting for those of us who do this sort of work!

I think it is a great idea too, but in my county we have 14 towns and each town has it own "chix law". On top of that, 3-4 of the towns have incorporated villages, they too have thier own rules. My point is that the law is very specific to where you live. So I'd propose that links like Western Chicks might be the most useful. I know only a few towns in my county have their laws online, but there are some great sites that collect these things when they are available.

Now, as to how to change them--battle stories are always very helpful to the next folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom