What is your latest prepping project?

We used to get our mackerel spear fishing in Massachusetts. Now i am reduced to tuna from a can unless hubby can catch some fish in this river!

Does anyone have a greenhouse?

I made a cattle panel GH. It's 8 x 8, and 6' tall. 2 raised beds on either side of the center path. The end doors are made of aluminum combination windows complete with screens! (bought windows at habitat restore for $10 each.) Unfortunately, I have about 40 bags of leaves stored in it now, so no fall planting. Generally, if well tended I can harvest in it from Sept through early to mid Dec, then start harvesting again late Feb, early March.

I made a cattle panel GH. It's 8 x 8, and 6' tall. 2 raised beds on either side of the center path. The end doors are made of aluminum combination windows complete with screens! (bought windows at habitat restore for $10 each.) Unfortunately, I have about 40 bags of leaves stored in it now, so no fall planting. Generally, if well tended I can harvest in it from Sept through early to mid Dec, then start harvesting again late Feb, early March.

I'd love to see pix of it! I had a flimsy one, but our hurricanes made short of work of it.

I don't know if i should build one or buy one. Seems they want an awful lot for them. I got a book out of the library to read up on them.

Back
Top Bottom