What is your latest prepping project?

Hubby says it is ok if i build one! I like this one...
View attachment 1204352
Only bigger , like 12x 16 or so. I am going to use concrete block for the lower walls. And windows all the way around. I need to draw up plans.

This is almost exactly what my greenhouse looks like. I still have to put the trees around but here in Texas our needs are controlled more by the Summer than the Winter. Click on "My Coop" and take a look at the greenhouse. It's pallet siding and Habitat Restore windows.
Oh and thank you Susannah!

okay got a question, got my fire arms license (or getting it, right now its in the mail) and now am looking at fire arms, mostly for some deer hunting and target practice.

so i looked at price of bullets and am tempted to look into a sks. there pretty cheap to shoot, so does anyone of any experience with these rifles, looking at maybe some white tail hunting and just for target practice?

okay got a question, got my fire arms license (or getting it, right now its in the mail) and now am looking at fire arms, mostly for some deer hunting and target practice.

so i looked at price of bullets and am tempted to look into a sks. there pretty cheap to shoot, so does anyone of any experience with these rifles, looking at maybe some white tail hunting and just for target practice?
nope.. are they still made in China? interesting article https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/2/7/exploded-view-sks-carbine/

Back in the '90s I had a 1954 Russian model, paid $150, like new packed in a box of cosmoline. I heard they were as cheap as $50 just before I bought that one and plentiful. Then they went to $250, $450, now hard to find originals.
The old Chinese one's were just as good.
Buddy bought a newer Chinese Norinco sks, looked the same and shot well but had a shellaced pine stock and painted barrel and receiver and stamped receiver instead of milled. And I doubt it had the chrome lined barrel the originals had (protects the barrel when shooting the cheap surplus corrosive ammo).

I put a Dragnov style sniper stock on mine with a adjustable cheek piece (handy if you add a scope), flash suppressor and bipod.
It comes with a 10 round fixed magazine but they do have detachable one's. I had a 5rd for hunting and a couple 30rd for fun. I picked up rear receiver cover already drilled and tapped for a scope cheap so I didn't have to mess the original one up. Used to be all sorts of stuff for sks's in Sportsman's guide and Cheaper than dirt catalogs, not sure if they still carry all that stuff.
Ammo was $2 a box of 20 back then not even buying them in bulk.
I did pick up some good brass hunting rounds for it once a harvested one deer, one shot.
The Ruger mini 30 is also chambered in that round.

Back in the '90s I had a 1954 Russian model, paid $150, like new packed in a box of cosmoline. I heard they were as cheap as $50 just before I bought that one and plentiful. Then they went to $250, $450, now hard to find originals.
The old Chinese one's were just as good.
Buddy bought a newer Chinese Norinco sks, looked the same and shot well but had a shellaced pine stock and painted barrel and receiver and stamped receiver instead of milled. And I doubt it had the chrome lined barrel the originals had (protects the barrel when shooting the cheap surplus corrosive ammo).

I put a Dragnov style sniper stock on mine with a adjustable cheek piece (handy if you add a scope), flash suppressor and bipod.
It comes with a 10 round fixed magazine but they do have detachable one's. I had a 5rd for hunting and a couple 30rd for fun. I picked up rear receiver cover already drilled and tapped for a scope cheap so I didn't have to mess the original one up. Used to be all sorts of stuff for sks's in Sportsman's guide and Cheaper than dirt catalogs, not sure if they still carry all that stuff.
Ammo was $2 a box of 20 back then not even buying them in bulk.
I did pick up some good brass hunting rounds for it once a harvested one deer, one shot.
The Ruger mini 30 is also chambered in that round.
right now there about 250-300 for one here, i live in Canada so semi-auto center fires are pinned to 5 rounds. so am tempted to get one. after a bit of reading some are not as good as the next (reading reviews of ones in awful conditions and required a lot of work to get them in working order again)

but i saw some other guns that are quite interesting, there little shotguns about 30 inches long with 14-15 inch barrels, read the reviews and they say there fun little guns to have, plus great for bear country. but thinking it might be fun to pick one up, (there only like 150-400) depending on model. for some rabbit hunting/plus a nice little pig defense gun, (using special hog rounds in 12 ga)

I own one.... But I wouldn't use it for hunting.... Russian military weapons are very very reliable but thier accuracy isn't the best...

Quail coop...frame.
20180220_180121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom