What is your latest prepping project?

Pics
Did some math and found out my family (6 of us including a set of grandparents) eat around 1500 lbs of meat per year between us is my guess. Now i hate factory farming. And wish not to suppport it. So i have been looking at other options to get meat. Only 3 out of 6 of us hunt and only 4 enjoy wild meat. So i can raise some of it. And am going to hunt the other part of it. So also am going to be trying to find new food sources (incase the end of the world happens.) Mainly eating wild game and see which is the best.

That's some serious meat eating.

Did some math and found out my family (6 of us including a set of grandparents) eat around 1500 lbs of meat per year between us is my guess. Now i hate factory farming. And wish not to suppport it. So i have been looking at other options to get meat. Only 3 out of 6 of us hunt and only 4 enjoy wild meat. So i can raise some of it. And am going to hunt the other part of it. So also am going to be trying to find new food sources (incase the end of the world happens.) Mainly eating wild game and see which is the best.
I am thinking of raising meat rabbits and quail as well as the chickens we already have. We do not like venison, but it is an option here if need be, as well as wild rabbits.

Saying it again. Cuy. That's guinea pig to most English speakers. Google it. Easier to find and assimilate the info if you speak Spanish. It tastes very good, is versatile, comes in handy single serving portions for big meat eaters (half is plenty for many folks), and an easy to raise thrifty animal.

Okay did some research and talked to a trapper and found out that muskrat and beaver are supposed to be good eating (talked about it before) also talked to an uncle who ate both said beaver is great and muskrat is good but a bit greasy the way they cooked it. I think am going to go out and try both when i get the chance. Also am very interested in bear meat or more exact spring bear meat. Said to be better then fall bear meat.

Saying it again. Cuy. That's guinea pig to most English speakers. Google it. Easier to find and assimilate the info if you speak Spanish. It tastes very good, is versatile, comes in handy single serving portions for big meat eaters (half is plenty for many folks), and an easy to raise thrifty animal.
I still can't get over the pet thing. Sorry.

Today i built a chicken feeder , almost done. And started to assemble the kennel panels i will be using for a run. Not feeling up to digging the trench needed, but i did get the hardware cloth wired on one panel. Slept in late and went on a canoe trip with DH. Will finish the feeder tomorrow and work on the run some more. Anxious to get the birds out of the tractor.

Back
Top Bottom