What should i do about this puppy.

No lies. No deception. No overthinking the "What ifs" and "But thens." Turn the dog in to the shelter. Explain the situation and your hopes that they can make something happen for the dog. Any good shelter will step up and handle it properly from there. At the very least, they'll have a record on the dog and keep an eye on the situation.
You're right. Honesty = better. I just know from experience that a govt run shelter (ie city or county) would just tell you to return the dog as dogs are property, so taking someone's dog is theft. And they don't want to pay for anything. A rescue, however, would be more open to helping.

You're right. Honesty = better. I just know from experience that a govt run shelter (ie city or county) would just tell you to return the dog as dogs are property, so taking someone's dog is theft. And they don't want to pay for anything. A rescue, however, would be more open to helping.
I dont have any rescues around me.
In my experience that does not work with 'people' who maltreat animals they chose to bring home. Best to make the Sheriff repeatedly aware of the maltreatment.
The best case scenario is that they cannot acquire another animal!
Thats what i want is for them not to be able to have another dog for awhile. I will be calling up Monday and hopefully the humane officer is in.

I dont have any rescues around me.

Thats what i want is for them not to be able to have another dog for awhile. I will be calling up Monday and hopefully the humane officer is in.
Do a search on "dog rescues near (your zip code.)" You'll be surprised at what will turn up! And if a dog shows up on your property, even if you know where it belongs, it's not theft, especially if you explain that it's happened before and nothing was done about it. Again, you're creating the "paper trail" record.

Do a search on "dog rescues near (your zip code.)" You'll be surprised at what will turn up! And if a dog shows up on your property, even if you know where it belongs, it's not theft, especially if you explain that it's happened before and nothing was done about it. Again, you're creating the "paper trail" record.
The only rescues near me are 1 hour away. She will get out again in a few days. But i am going to call the sheriffs department Monday.

Back
Top Bottom