What treat did your chickies get today?

with this terrible heat were having here mine are getting a 5 gallon bucket frozen ice with fresh fruit and feed with meal worms

Today, The six hens shared an ear of corn, the round end of a watermelon, cabbage tail, and some papaya. Oh, and of course, some mealy worms.

They are chicken crack I tell you. We've had them in the pen only 15 days so they are still wary of us (were mountain free rangers) but they throw all caution to the wind for the meal worms!

Today mine got apples and meal worms... and they begged relentlessly until I let them out for a little free range time where one ate a small bee!

scrap bones from baby back ribs (with some meat attached) corn cob, popcorn kernels and leftover taco casserole :p they loved picking the meat off the pork ribs.

scrap bones from baby back ribs (with some meat attached) corn cob, popcorn kernels and leftover taco casserole :p they loved picking the meat off the pork ribs.
I never thought of giving the bones to the girls! Hubby had some for dinner tonight so they might get lucky tomorrow!

Leftover minnows from fishing! Dumped out the bucket and they were gone in a flash! Most grabbed and ran, but had one RIR that just stood over them and gobbled up one right after another! Don't think I've seen them go so crazy over anything!

Back
Top Bottom