What treat did your chickies get today?

Im new to raiseng chickens i have silkies road and singecone brown leghorn & road island reds .If anyone could help with information on my new past time i would appreicat it.I am 64 i think i waited too late in life.

Ronnie25, it's NEVER too late to have a good laugh and that's exactly what you will get when raising chickens. These goofy birds make me crack up laughing every day. They all really do some CRAZY stuff!!!! LOL

Oh, and my gang got wild bird feed and collard greens today. Still too cold and snowy to go out but I can tell they're getting stir-crazy!
barnie.gif

Im new to raiseng chickens i have silkies road and singecone brown leghorn & road island reds .If anyone could help with information on my new past time i would appreicat it.I am 64 i think i waited too late in life.
ya.gif
Oh my goodness ....you are just the right age!! I just started last May. Had a gifted coop that was made to sit on the ground and grow plants on top. That you have been nice but the top have bowed a litte and would not drain anyway and I would not be able to bend over and get in and out of the structure. It was 4 ft wide, 10 ft long and 3.5 ft tall. It had chicken wire (useless) so I covered every where except the wood area with 1/4" hardware wire to keep out predators. We raised it and put it on 18" cement blocks...all in all, it was really hard for me as I have some physical handicaps. I have pictures on my profile place. A client of my hubby has chickens of several varieties...he let me take my pick. I chose 4 RIR, 1 Brahma, 1 golden wyndotte pullets. I didn't want to go thru the chick stuff. I absolutely loved being able to sit out there and watch them...they all have different personalities and watching the pecking order develop, especially after egg laying progresses. I keep a folding chair out there in the summer with a fan. LOL
You don't have to go far to find all the information on your hens/roos. This place is the place to be.! You can find breed info just my entering the breed name in the search section. You can just click on the forums to find the one (or more) that has to do with you questions. I'm also 64 and I am continually reading more things on here to help me in my learning process. i find I'm able to enjoy them much more now than I would have earlier in life. Its enjoyment now....back then..It would have been a chore/obligation. So I guess what I'm telling you is to just have fun. Good Luck
welcome-byc.gif

Leftover turkey and dressing. Out of the freezer into the microwave! Added some wild bird food to it and just threw everything into the pine shavings. They had to work for it because they are REALLY getting stir-crazy now. Third day in a row that it's too cold and snowy for them to go out. They give me those looks again!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom