What treat did your chickies get today?

Ok... so maybe I need you to explain how to sprout BOSS.....
idunno.gif

Well, this is PROBABLY not what the more experienced people on here would do but it worked for me. The only container that I could find that I thought would work was a Tupperware cereal holder, you know the kind with the snap-on lid and the little covered pouring hole. I filled it about 1/2 full of BOSS and then put in warm water up to about an inch from the top. Put the lid on and made sure the hole cover was shut and shook it up to make sure all of the seeds got wet. Then I put it in a window where it would get the morning sun and let it set for about 24 hours. After that, I drained off 99 1/2% of the water. closed the hole cover again and put the container on it's side on the counter close to the stove where it would be kinda warm. Kept looking at it every day and SUDDENLY there were these little white sprouty things coming out of the seeds!!! Waited until the next day when the sprouts were a little bit bigger, then took them out and drove my chickens crazy!!!!!
wee.gif

A mix of bread, blueberries, a can of cooked ham, celery, lettuce, black sunflower seeds and a a few big spoons of probiotic yogurt!! all mixed together. My 16 chickens ate it all in 6 minutes flat!! lol

It cooked a bunch of carrot peels and stems & butternut squash in the pressure cooker then added it to some milk which was a few days past it's 'best by' date, a few leftover biscuits and cranberry bread. The girls were very happy.

Had some cactus that weeds grew up and smothered them. So I pulled the weeds and gave them to the new chickies. It was grass, and I've seen the other chickies eat it. Boy did they gobble it up :)

Back
Top Bottom