Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten??

I've eaten just about every "hick" food -- hocks, tongues, organs, fish heads, fish eggs - whatever. Who hasn't eaten a worm or two?
I think I would draw the line at the rotten, stinky, fermented sharkmeat that they have in Iceland/ Greenland? A friend lives there and offered to send some; that was a big NO.

Squirrel, gator,turtle,bear,kangaroo,..... i also had horsemeat sausage before.Almost forgot the snails and snake. If it is meat i prolly had it. Except for cat and dog i will not eat them knowingly

Last edited:
I didn't even realize you could eat some of the things I've seen on here.

The weirest thing I've tried was "Swamp Chicken" better known as frog legs- I got tricked they told me it was chicken.
sickbyc.gif

Alligator tail is excellent though

DH says down in French Guiana they would use ants as seasoning...they taste like lemon.

One of the smelliest but tasty things I have eaten recently was Kimchee. I believe you can smell that one in the next state. Oh and talk about clearing your sinuses...It may be the cure for the common cold.

For those of you who thought bear, moose, ostrich was wierd think again...here they are just the pricier meats but still readily eaten.

Just a side note on the horse DH ate in France...It was slightly seared not even enough to darken the meat so it was basically raw.

Last edited:
Great to know others out there have had so many weird things to eat, so I'm not the only freak!

My mom always cooked the weirdest stuff (thought it was good for us to try different things). In my house you either ate it or went hungry. So my list includes, squirrel stew, roasted bear paws, baked snake, curried goat, stewed possum, raw clams, steamed eel in ink sauce
tongue.gif
, fried baby octopus, calamari, moose steaks, horse hamburgers, crawdads and beef tongue.

But the absolute most disgusting thing I ever ate was Sea Cucumber. That is just a giant sea slug, which was steamed. So slimy and gelatenous, like snot, that I'm gagging now just remembering how GROSS it was.

Now I don't want dinner!!!

Last edited:
I was offered raw horse meat in Japan, but I declined.

I have eaten raw baby octopus, which was delicious. The sushi chef slices it in half, takes the insides out, and places it on a rectangle of sushi rice.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom