Why are my poults dying?

They have chicks in the brooder with them. I have ACV in the water. Can you hand feed a fading poult egg yolk? I tried some sugar water, but I couldn't get him to take it. He does this puffy thing with his cheeks, like a gecko. I don't know if that's normal or not.

watch

I put my baby turkeys with the baby chickens 3 baby turkeys and three baby chickens and they did great ...
They all grew so fast they are three times their size and the baby turkeys went in with a big Tom I have he weighs about 40 pounds and of course the baby's are females so he is happy ..I tried letting my turkey loose in the pin but he started fighting with my gaming roosters..so he now has his own pin..

We seemed to have turned the corner. No new losses in the last two days and that tiger stripped one above has perked back up. Not sure if the sugar water helped or not. I still don't know what happened to the 7 that died or how to prevent it in the future. It's frustrating.

So, Ideal has offered to ship me 7 poults to replace the ones that perished (or a credit). Would it be a bad idea to add them in this group? They'd be a week younger than the other poults and 3 weeks younger than the chicks.

So, Ideal has offered to ship me 7 poults to replace the ones that perished (or a credit). Would it be a bad idea to add them in this group? They'd be a week younger than the other poults and 3 weeks younger than the chicks.
The only problem that I see with that is the stress that shipping can cause on that few being shipped. There is a reason that the majority of hatcheries require a minimum of 15 poults for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom