Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Anybody have a dehydrator? I'm planning to get a bunch of apples from a pick-your-own and make apple rings.
babylady4, my mom makes apple butter that way - it is awesome! And my aunt makes homemade wine, really strong stuff
wink.png
I'll have to pick her brain.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a dehydrator. It was my sister-in -laws and she never used it. I got it from her this spring and I haven't used it yet either. But my grandma would make the dryed apple rings all the time.

(This would be super easy with the peeler you have Bigzio)

You slice the apples so they are in the ring shape. Put the in the oven on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Bake at 175 degrees until they are chewy. I'm not sure of the time exactly. But you get the idea.

Good Afternoon...tiki244, yep.... glad you stopped by to visit again.

Yep the dehydrator gets quite a beating here on the hill. I'm prolly going to need to buy new trays for mine. They are quite warped.

I make alot of venison jerkey, as well as zucchini chips.
It is a great way to use the extra zucchini. I eat a ton of them both.

We picked another large bowl of broccoli today. I like it made into the salad with bacon, onion and sharp cheddar cheese.

Nice evening for bowhunting...why am I here on the puter?
idunno.gif

Stay safe this weekend.

~ bigzio

Good Evening. What a great weather day here today, eh!

I picked another 4lbs of green beans today. The great heirloom varieties really are the best. I grow a variety called slenderette. They have white seeds and produce like crazy.

I sure wish I had a good mechanic to help me with some of my chores. My goodness, now the tractor needs bearings in the front wheel. Oh well, I'll figure it out if I have to, I suppose.

I think Buck Creek Chickens showed her birds today. I hope she walked away with a blue ribbon or any ribbon. That would be great.

In reality though, that might have been an awful competitive show. It must have been alot of fun to show there.

I wish I could of made it.

~ bigzio

Back
Top Bottom