Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Do you give them something they can chew on if you use only wire? I do have one in the house. Hes very good at using his litterpan :) we got him this winter, and didnt want to put him out in the cold after living in the house before we had him. When the weather warms, he gets the boot
we give paper tubes as long as they don't have glue on them, some people will stuff hay into the tubes to keep them busy.

good morning,, just about finished with my cuppa.. Oh BigFam, were you gone ?

hatcher is holding at 99 F and 46% .. and it stinks.. I am going to shut it down now and sanitize and fumigate it.. I will turn it on again tomorrow and transfer eggs..

the water pan in there is quite small, so I will either add sponges or another pan of water..

Pang brought another 4 dozen eggs..

she has 8 little Pangs at home, so I guess she needs quite a flock of meaties to feed them all.

If the sun shines today, I want to work on the final framing of the peacock pen.. then call my brother back out here to put up the last 2 roof panels..

.........jimwithmoretodothanhewantstodo...........

I had the crazy idea I should do the taxes yesterday...... and of course I do not have every scrap of needed paper where it should be, so in my searching for the tax software what did I find? Why yes Amyable, a check for some soap! LOL! And of course just shy of the 3 month cut-off! No worries Amy, you can save the stamp and catch me at another time.
lol.png
Hey, try to cash it anyway, the most they can say is 'no'. I notice bank tellers hardly look at the checks anymore, I doubt they'll do the math for the 90 day cutoff.

BIGFAM!!
BIGFAM!!
BIGFAM!!

frow.gif

8 Pangs?!?
ep.gif

Last edited:
The black orp chicks outside decided to venture out of the upstairs portion and are scratching around in the run with the rabbit (although they are still avoiding Mr.Gibs). I haven't seen anymore reddish poop from them, but their poop is getting runny. Delisha, do you have any suggestions as to why their poop is getting runny? The FF isn't truly FF yet so that could be it right?
Any change will effect them..they will be fine..they are healthy and you are a good mom..you have them on fresh air, sun shine, excersize, and good food. They need nothing else.
Quote:
gig.gif

I changed myself for the class in Madison..it will be so much easier. I will not have to either drive a long distance or stay over night!!

For that I pretend post one of those awesome huggy smiley guys!!!!

Jim im glad you gave your opinion! I like yours cause of all your experience! I now post a little worshiping smiley!
cuties................
yuckyuck.gif
clap.gif
hugs.gif
highfive.gif
.......can you figure out this code....next year your smart phone will have more options.....
fl.gif

Dr.H...........My condolences

Delish.......Loved your start-up story.....you can try to blame it on the girls......I thought the info about the internal pip was interesting....thanks

WIChook or RBC........Can't remember............there is a place by me that cleans for 2.00/per.........bag no wrap.....no inspection.....Gillett

Jim..........I like your opinions......and I like everyone else with an opinion on this thread.......I always TRY to keep an open mind...and learn something everyday...So in this, I would like to have your opinion on the possible causes for a chick to go full term and not hatch.....I have had about 30 % like this in the last 5 ( I have only done 6 total) hatches....After the eggtopsy they all looked fine/wet and I just asumed they "drown" because like you said; everyone on here said so...IDK..so I am asking... I have read alot about the dry hatch, but have been too "chicken" to try it...I keep it 99.5-100 (they start to pip/zip on day 19,most hatch on day 20, and finish up on 21) ...35-40 rh (1-18)..and 60-65 rh after day 18...I candle a few on day 10 and that is it....I also clean the bator (genesis #1588) very good after each use.....My 1st hatch was beginers luck with 21/24 and I just want your opinion......AND EVERYONE ELSE TOO !!!

MISS YOU BIGFAM
frow.gif

Last edited:
Gallus..where are you locate where this cheap processing is? I know JJ was getting me an idea of one also. Twin City Packaging which is in Janesville area is $4.85 for first 25 and then drops a quarter for the next 25.

I value everyones opinions, so thank you for sharing them!!. I am a little crazed about getting things right, so I like to hear what everyone has to say so I know all the facts. And I am getting neurotic about these chicks. My daughter and I sat there for 5 minutes this morning with our ear glued to the side of the incubator to see if we could hear any pecks or peeps yet. I love that moment. Last year when we hatched and I dragged the kids over to look at the wobbling eggs and hear the cheeps and know they had not pipped yet had the greatest look on their faces. Might have to have a camera ready to try to capture that look. It is beautiful and that is why I hatch chicks(ok I love them too) and am a part time stay at home mom(soon, perhaps to be a full time one)

Still stuck in a quandry about that. Have a second interview for a position. I am one of two candidates. It will be a panel interview with up to 10 people (I am in HR and never recommend these, they are horribel for most people!!!). Not sure this is the perfect work environment for me either. I have been wroking for a very relaxed company for past 5 years and this is an uptight insurance company. MIght have to invest in new clothes too...
Or stay home for the summer with my kids and enjoy them, the garden and the chicks, but be tight with money... and then look again in the fall.

this is a tough decision. Guess wait and see if I am offered it. Not getting a decent answer or opinion for hubby either. Then again, he does not have a mom instinct like I do!!

Kristip, hope this all turns out the best way for you and your family! I, personally, vote for you staying home for the summer if you can afford to do it and your husband supports that decision. You'll have plenty of time to make $, but you don't have the same luxury of time with your kids - they'll be grown in a wink of an eye! And you know those deathbed stories.., no one ever wishes they would have spent more time on the job! Besides, how much money is "enough"? Is there ever "enough"? Seems like the more we "make" the more $ we "need". We are a consumer-driven society, but we don't have to live that way! Sometimes I think people put too much value on $ and not enough value on time! .A lot of time jobs end up costing more for childcare, gas, clothes, etc. and you end of making pennies on the dollar -- and for what?!! Much easier to NOT take a job offer that you know isn't a good "fit" for you, then to take it and regret it every day you go to work!! Stress KILLS, literally! Ooops, ok, sorry, I got carried away. I try to support women who WANT/CHOOSE to stay home with their kids when I can, because I don't think we as a society support SAHM ENOUGH. Ok, ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

I've got the sump pump going outside at the base of the back door to the summer porch. It's flooded 3 times this year so far, and I'd like to try to avoid this one if I can. What a beautiful day! I actually went outside to take care of the chicks in my nighgown. It was great! C'mon Spring!

Have a good one!
Elaine

Elaine...I totally hear you. That is why I went from a 50 hour a week job and once I had my twins, have been working 15-20 hours ever since. Just time away for sanity and to help the pocketbook. I work in a community that supports the stay at home moms and there is a great playgroup of about 15-20 of us moms that work part time or our full time job as mom.
It is a tough decision, but I take it all into account and that is why I am struggling with this one. i already turned down one job offer that was 30 hours a week. Really only want to work 2-3 days. My kids are important and they are going to be my only biological kids and I want to make the most with them. I enjoy them (most of the time) and they learn so much. Part of working is to keep me with my hobbies too ( gee lets build another huge garden, lets add on to the coop, lets look at the $500 bee keeping and hive program through Madison.... wish lists keep growing)
THanks for your support though. I prefer to stay home for the summer, but Hubby is not 100% on board. And I do wish my resume did not have a blank spot on it. anway... back to work...

Woohoo- chicks are on lockdown. I did not pull any, because frankly I am not sure what to look for. I did candle last night befoere going to sleep, and I have a sinking feeling that they are all dead. I know it sounds dramatic, but they just don't look right. I hope I am being paranoid, but I do not have much hope for these eggs anymore. I am going to predict that only 5 or 6 out of 24 will hatch. I am so sad today...
hit.gif

We stay at home dads feel left out when you only talk about just Stay at home MOMS.

Waiting for terriO to get here. Hope it is as exciting as my kids are expecting it to be to play with some new kids.

Back
Top Bottom