Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Just a quick post.

I'm sick!!
barnie.gif
102 fever, nausea, sharp head pain, dizziness, sore throat. I got up to go to the bathroom late last night, and was so dizzy I fell onto the floor! I couldn't get up, because I was so dizzy, so laid on the floor until Hubby woke up to come get me. haha. I went to the doctor, thinking I had an ear infection. Lo and behold I had a throat infection! Not strep, but an infection and I needed antibiotics. So, i've been down in the dumps and trying to catch some rest! Sitter has Damien over night to let me get better, and hubby has been by my side all day. He's taking a bike ride right now, to relax a bit.

Yay! Unemployment got passed and guess what? It's retroactive back to June 2nd! Me and hubby get our checks from then and can pay back his parents! It's a good day
smile.png

Beautiful pictures guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one posting them.

I will have a better post tomorrow when I can read them more carefully.
welcome-byc.gif
to all the new ones
smile.png

Huh
idunno.gif
I like my PVC feeder. The girls have no trouble reaching into the pipe (maybe a plus side to using 3" pipe). The flow is good. I'd say it fills the first third of the trough which the girls quickly spread along the entire length. It's worked out great for us.
hide.gif

oh i have had a few of my hens sitting and it is close to hatching time .. but i am wondering with this heat latley is it to warm that the eggs would go bad .. the coop has been stinking every day have removed some broken eggs shells and i did find some babies that did not make it .. it smells better after i removed them but again this am more broken eggs and no babbies this time but oh stinkyness

Last edited:
Well I am not new to this forum I have been a lurker for a long time and have learned so much but have never been on this part of the forum. I am so excited to have found it. I live in Western, WI back on dirt roads in the middle of no where with my husband and three children a daughter and two sons. We raise Muscovies and olde English Bantams. We have goats, a steer and Standard cochins and now have 4 African geese that were late march hatch. I love them. I have also now fallen in love with the Sebastopols and I am wondering if anyone knows of where I could get some. My kids are in 4-H and they would love to show them. I can't wait to read more on this part of the forum. Thanks for any help with the geese question too.

Wet Morning All! Again! Really don't need this rain wish I could ship to TO! scarter good luck at the fair! Raiquee hope your fever broke and are feeling better! And find some checks in your mailbox. Raimnel the weird part about being laid off is that you need the time to get things done and when you have the time you don't have the money. Oh good it's really coming down now, I was starting to miss the sound of the sump pump. Suppose I could clean the back porch seeing as how I didn't do it yesterday. Went out and picked about 5 lbs of beans and took care of the those. Plus cut and cleaned lettuce. Begining to think that the reseeding might have gotten washed out from the last deluge. Really could use some dill to make dilly beans soon. Only one head out there so far. Did 2 plantings to space out the timing on them. Did manage to get my butt to Rapids this morning and pick up a new air filter for my big saw. Think it will be a lot happier with clean air. WOW there's something you don't see everyday Chauncy. What's that Edgar? [Rocky and Bullwinkle] A guy delivering the Buyers Guide in a newer Cadilac. Must really need the payment money. I suppose I should get goin on the porch but sittin here watchin and listening to it rain is kinda nice.
smile.png

I hear ya on missing time on this forum! I missed ONE day and it's taken me quite a while to catch up! Welcome anyone I havent said "WELCOME" to!
cool.png
DrH ya dont have to send any here....the rain is FINALLY comin' down! I am actually waiting for it to let up a bit so I can run to the van and go to work. My umbrella AND my hat are in that van...can you say dumb? I am not even going to go down and feed my critters this morning...I will stop back after my first client. THe goats wont come out in the rain anyhow!
Thanks for the comments on my pics...you are funny Amy...so nice of you to call our place "lush"--we call it overgrown! With this nice rain it can become even more so! I dont care much for the new crop of skeeters it will bring though!
My visit with my BFF in Kenosha was a blast yesterday. Unfortunately I got stuck in a hour's worth of traffic on I94! That was a drag and all I could think about was that I wished I had a cool phone like my kids do 'cause I could have been reading on BYC while standing still! The rain is slowing--better get going! Terri O--with new-found poetic skills lately!

ok I know that their roos, but really these guys are too cute. ok I fill you in.... someone called asking about our chickens for sale.... she wants to come over today at 3 (its raining! DUH!) then she calls back and asked if we or they (not sure which) could butcher at our "farm" (I don't have a farm) BUTCHER! these peeps are clueless! the chickens are 3 months old and no where near butcher size... we're talking about under 2 lb chickens and some are RIR and Browm Leghorn HENS HELLO!!! did I mention the woman sounds hmong.........ARRGGG! guess THEY don't have a problem eating silkies! So question is...... their still coming to look at the chickens today at 3, Can I say no to them buying them?????

ok DEEP breath, raiquee is that what ur son had???? now you know why he was Soooooo cranky. I would ask DR if it is contagoius and warn the people at that party u were at.

Is anybody building an Ark?? I'm thinking my garden is gone, it's flooded! my pea plants are yellowing, I did get 1 tomato and I got 2 zuccini growing and 1 cucumber oh and a banana pepper. IDK if it's gonna make it. DH & I continued on the duck coop last night, he cut and I nailed (boy dads nailer would be nice, but alas he's using it)
JMPE and cedarpost ~ I use the 3 inch and theres no feed waste buy ours doesnt feed. Our bend is 2 45s but the upright is well... upright! no tip, thats my next step i'm gonna tip those things, it's gonna look more like this \\___/ instead of this |___| oh ya I forgot to say that we have an upright on each end of the feeder. funny thing I got layer in one end and chick feed in the other end. guess it works. Oh well
ARRGGG another looking to butcher! and they want my RIR and Leghorns..... I'm so removing them those are NOT the ones I wanted to sell. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

I hear ya on butchering on the farm. I have allowed it a couple of times but only with some people that I KNOW are not going to make a mess! I have been selling to them for many years too. Most of the time they come and say they want a bunch and then decide that they are too small, too white, too expensive, not enough alike etc etc. Good luck!

Big tornado storms around here...I keep going out to pick tomatoes and brussels and other stuff for dinner and the rain keeps sending me back in! Got 13 maders! Too bad I dont have any cukes yet...I would really like a creamy cucumber tomato salad with my pot roast! Guess I will just eat them alone with basil again *sigh*...(just kidding!!!)

I hope everyone is safe...signing out to watch the storm! Terri O

Afternoon to All...Glad to read everyone is having fun. Yep the hmoung prefer silkies. Talked to Jim and he set another 48 chicken eggs for himself...along with a ton of guinnea eggs.

Suzie did two gallons of refrigerator dills today. Everything is growing great due to all the moisture.

Welcome to everyone new. Alot of good folks here to help if you need some...just ask.

We were watching 3 bucks out in back just now....along side them were 6 turkeys. Fun to watch them enjoy the newly grown hay crop.

Have Fun.... ~ bigzio

Back
Top Bottom