1 tsp sugar

2 c. scalded milk (cooled to lukewarm)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp. salt
1 egg/ slightly beaten
5-6 cup flour

Dissolve yeast & sugar in warm water. Let set 5 minutes. Stir in milk, 1/3 cup sugar, oil, baking powder, salt, egg, and 3 cups of the flour. Mix well. Add enough of the remaining flour to make the dough easy to handle. (I usually add about another 2 1/2 cups). Knead until nice and smooth....about 10 minutes in my KitchenAid mixer. Place in greased bowl and let raise about 1 1/2 hours until double. Punch down and divide in 1/2. Roll out each 1/2 into a 12 x 10 rectangle. Spread with real butter that has been softened, sprinkle with about 1/4 cup sugar mixed with cinammon to taste per rectangle. Roll up and cut into rolls. Place on top of topping that has been spread onto the bottom of the greased pans.

Topping:
While the dough is raising, make the topping.
Melt together 1 cup butter (the real thing, not margarine), 2 cups brown sugar, 1/2 cup light corn syrup. Cook over low heat until the suger is all dissolved. Keep warm.

Grease 2, 9X13 pans. Spread 1/2 of the topping in each pan. Place cut rolls on top. At this point you can either:

1. let the rolls raise until double and bake them at 350 for about 30 minutes.

2. or you can cover them with foil and place in the fridge and let them raise overnight. Let set on counter for about 15 minutes before baking

3. or place them covered well in the freezer. Thaw them in the fridge overnight and let set on counter about 15 minutes before baking if you have refridgerated them.

After baking let set a couple of minutes and then turn out onto a platter.

I often make these in 4, 9 inch cake pans. 6 rolls per pan.

Last edited:
droolin.gif

Katy, i was just looking for a good sticky bun recipe.
we do cinnamon rolls all the time, but i want to 'shake it up' a bit.

thanks for sharing! (my menu this week calls for cinnamon rolls on Friday night. we eat 'breakfast for dinner' each Fri.) think i will sub the sticky buns for them.
big_smile.png

will keep you posted on how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom