Power outage, pips went for a ride! UPDATE Pg 4

lemurchaser

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
Corvallis, OR
Today is day 19 and I woke up to a pip! It's at the wrong end of the egg but seems to be doing well. So this afternoon we had a major wind storm and lost power. I immediately covered the incubator with a towel, but the temps just kept falling. When they hit 94 degrees and falling, I knew it was time to do something. So off to the car where I have a plug adapter and could plug the incubator in. Temps came right back up, and stayed steady. Yay for Brinsea Eco!

Oh and these are my own eggs for the first time ever! They are from my Easter eggers and a Blue birchen Marans rooster, so olive eggers. And a couple brown eggs from either my Partridge rock, SLW, BLRW or columbian wyandotte. I can't wait to see what the babies look like.

IMG_2497.jpg

The pip itself!
IMG_2499.jpg

After an hour in the car, I decided we'd go get some icecream. So I strapped in the chickies and off we went.
IMG_2500.jpg

Last edited:
Love it, you will have to post pictures of them when they are ready for their photo shoot.
jumpy.gif

LMAO way to go! And my DH laughed at me when I had a small generator on standby when my bator was going...I would do the same thing if I thought of it. You must get pics of the babies when they hatch.

I'm so glad you're hatch is okay! The eggs you sent me are in the incubator and are due out on June 1st, I haven't candled yet but I'll be sure to let you know how they're developing. I wish you all the best luck on your hatch, these little ones should be given extra special names, like Honda. Or Ford, or BMW.

L0L.

Yep....I took my whole incubator on vacation with us for a week at the beach. It made the 4 hour drive there just fine...never missed a beat and hatched out 8 lavender silkies and 4 porcelain silkies!!!

9079_photo_47.jpg

I got up at 5am to check on the pip, and no progress, so I went back to bed. When I got up at 9 am the wrong end-car-riding-pipper had hatched! It's all yellow and blue, hooray
wee.gif
. It's strong and doing great. Here's the baby:

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That's great! I'm so excited to see what you get too. I hope shipping wasn't too hard on them.

I was thinking of calling this one Subaru, or Impreza. Or my sister suggested calling them all after ice cream flavors (since they've all been out for ice cream).

Back
Top Bottom