Peeling boiled eggs

Happyfarmwife

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
SW Oregon
I am sure this has been asked before-does anyone have any tricks for easily peeling fresh hard boiled eggs? I have done the roll them around in the pan thing, and it works great with store bought (aka stale) eggs. I really hate to peel those fresh eggs! I tried to peel a couple for dh lunch today, and ended up with half the egg still stuck to the shell.

Short of putting a dozen in the back of the fridge for a month, do any of you have a tried and true trick?

Thanks! Deborah

GOOD LUCK!

I have tried the salt in the water trick and the Ice water trick, neither have worked for me. I even used 3 week old eggs
barnie.gif
not fun at all!!

Maybe some one will come along that nows something we don't!!

I use an egg pricker that I got from Kitchen Kneads here locally but i think they have a website. My eggs now peel perfectly.

A little pin would work too. Just boil your water, and once boiling poke your egg at the fat end (aircell). Just pop it in the water and voila the egg peels perfectly! Try it with a little finishing nail or something. If you like the results you might want to get one.
smile.png

I'm at work right now but when i get home I will post a pic of what it looks like. I think I paid like two bucks.

I've had really good results with mine. Even fresh laid eggs peel with it. I think it has something to do with water being able to enter where the hole is at and somehow loosens the egg from the shell. Mine peel like and old egg would. Sometimes they muck up a little bit but not much.

Check the link out I posted above.

Last edited:
That is very interesting. I will have to try and find one. I did Google for it, and there are places explaining how they work, but haven't found where to buy one yet. I will keep looking. Deborah

Back
Top Bottom