Please Help Me Sex This Rir "pics"

countrygirl911

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Mississippi
this RIR is between 7 to 9 weeks old i hve 2 other just like he/him but their comba and waddles are not the same this one is much bigger comb and waddle. they are all the same age.

60848_102_0106.jpg

60848_100_4389.jpg

ty i really appreciate all the answers and sorry if the thread is duplicated my computer was acting up and it did not seem like it posted so i het the button again. when i bought my chick i was told all girls looks like they made a mistake oh well still my my little roo. i was so confused becasue his comb and wadles are alot bigger than the other chicks his age and when i look at his feather they seem to look like hen feather to me but i am new to this. I really do not know what to look for when the beginning of saddle feathers comming in. Also if i do not want baby chicks how can i keep the fertilized eggs from hatching. I migt let 2 or 3 hatch but no more. i have a 10 ft by 8 ft coop and a 16ft by 16ft run and i want to make sure that it does ot get crowed in there. i would only want like 5 more chickens in that coop before building a second one or expanding thie one i already have.

how old will he need to be before he crows also when do the spurs on the legs come in i did not see any on the legs at all yet and when they come in someone told me they need to be removed is that true

My 13 week BO just started crowing this week, my Del has not crowed yet. Also, male hackle feathers come in first followed by saddle feathers so you can look for the pointy hackle feathers first. But as some people on this forum say, you will know they are hens when they lay an egg. Some develop crowing and feathers at their own rate.

Back
Top Bottom