Please tell my idiot owner what kind of rooster I am

megans meadow

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
Bedford County
Hello, Im new to chickens and was given this guy and two hens. The hens are apparently RI Reds as told to me by the former owner but he never mentioned the roo.

I have the basics down but the breeds, not so much.

84129_peanut_butter01.jpg

His name is "peanut butter"....and he was given to me by the operator of a horse rescue..lol....Hes got quite a voice and starts using it about 5am each morning. I thought he was pretty myself but being new to the chicken game...i wasnt sure if that was unusual or not. ya'll are welcome to eggs cause i dont think I could handle more than 1 roo at a time at this point. Bedtime has shifted from mid. to 10pm because of the time i wake up now....lol

and yes, hes full sized...not a bantam....UPDATE....hes actually somewhere in between I think

84129_peanut_butter02.jpg

Last edited:
welcome to byc!!! not sure on the breed... maybe he is a cross ? looks a little bit leghornish but has red earlobes and no yellow legs--- i am baffled too, so i will dub him " Gorgeous"!

Last edited:
Those are some impressive saddle feathers.
smile.png

He's a mutt, hard to say what is in him. He's got a lot of genes showing up that point to this and that, but nothing that matches up and makes complete sense.

Ohhhh...I cant tell him hes a mutt....i'll go with leghorn mix....lol...Hes actually kinda cool....he isnt fond of being caught....but has no problem following me around in the yard and hanging out while im doing stuff

Geeze Lou-eez! I guess I'm joining the idiot club because I sure don't know what he is...He is FANTASTIC looking! Sooo beautiful and those saddle feathers and the tail feathers are just stunning!

Back
Top Bottom