Political Yard Signs

TillinWithMyPeeps

Waiting for Spring...
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Ohio
Does anyone have any Chicken related ideas regarding the heavy metal wire that support the political yard signs? After the election, people will be getting rid of the signs, and I keep thinking that there must be something good I could do for the coop or chickens with the wire.

Any Ideas?

No idea... here I know they pay people to collect the signs and return them to the election center for democratic or republician parties. I know I'll be collecting and returning what I can for $$$. See if they do it in your area... and perhaps got some money together for coop supplies!

Any Ideas?

You could use them as poop boards under the roost.
tongue.png

Quote:
tongue.png

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Don't discriminate... use ALL the politicians EQUALLY!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

It's true. I've used a For Sale sign once as the bottom of my guinea pig cage - it's made of corflute/coroplast - it's really easy to clean, it's water proof, you can just hose it off. You can even cut it partly so that the edges sit up and you have like kitty litter box/tray. I think EvilGod and LittleChickenRacingTeam used them as poop boards. Cheap, lightweight and great recycling idea!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28831

ozzie​

Last edited:
I needed something to use as supports for the door that I attached to my dog house coop. I looked around and found an old campaign sign. I cut off the pointy end of the wood stake and it worked perfectly. Here's a pic, sorry it's sideways!

12447_1022081807.jpg

Chick-Fil-A here sometimes gives free chicken sandwiches for each person who brings in an "expired" political sign. Maybe they will do that this year again???

I am sure they would love to have someone help them "dispose" of them for them afterward!

Back
Top Bottom