Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hey it's always good to get new people here. Knowing you're not alone in Oklahoma with the chicken "problem" is probably the best feeling in the world!!!

I'm glad you found us and I hope you'll find everything (mostly) informative on this site, I know I have.

Quote:
You just keep building more pens and coops of course!!

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Wow, what can I say - incredible, so much fun, great food, best-ever, must do it again, woohoo - yeah, all those things describe it
big_smile.png

First off let me give a big "thank you" to Monty for organizing this great event, Al for donating a truck-load of meat (!!!!!), Roy for bringing a truck-load of wood, Beth for stepping in when I was not there, all of you who donated (money, supplies, food, raffle/auction items, and time), and to everyone just for showing up and making this one of the best chicken-meetups probably in all BYC history
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

I am thrilled that I actually got to make it (thanks, Dad!).
All I bought was 4 dzn. hatching eggs for my new Sportsman. It wasn't from lack of stock that I didn't buy anymore birds, it was just the fact I literally have no more pen space!
th.gif

I did sell my two styrofoam incubators. I was actually sad to see them go, but 5 incubators was a bit too many for me
lol.png

Not to mention, the fantastic food! I won't need to eat for a week
roll.png

But, best of all, I got to meet around 80 new poultry friends
hugs.gif
I had already talked to most of y'all on here, but it is so different to talk face-to-face!
I just had a blast
yippiechickie.gif

Now...... time for pictures! To keep things semi-private, I will not post any names along with these photos.

PoultrySwap10.jpg

PoultrySwap11.jpg

PoultrySwap13.jpg

PoultrySwap14.jpg

PoultrySwap15.jpg

PoultrySwap16.jpg

PoultrySwap17.jpg

PoultrySwap18.jpg

PoultrySwap19.jpg

PoultrySwap2.jpg

PoultrySwap21.jpg

PoultrySwap3.jpg

PoultrySwap4.jpg

PoultrySwap5.jpg

PoultrySwap6.jpg

PoultrySwap7.jpg

PoultrySwap8.jpg

PoultrySwap9.jpg

PoultrySwap20_.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
You just keep building more pens and coops of course!!

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Guess I might need to move to a bigger place so I can!
big_smile.png

Citi-Thanks for taking her with you. To the man that got her...she is a sweetie I am glad that she found a home. I was afraid she would get killed by my big birds.

Glad to see everyone home safe and sound

Graceful,
Thank you for posting pictures. They show everyone smiling and having fun.

Thank you also for all the organization you did for POOPS. Everyone who had not previously met you was delighted to have that opportunity.
hugs.gif

Chknaddict
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

If you are looking for a place to spend time with other Okies who are addicted to poultry, poultry auctions and hatching eggs, you have come to the right place.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I don't know where to start. This thing turned out incredible.
I think AL and I started talking about it December after others mentioned getting together. We discussed and cussed (Al not Me) many ideas and thoughts. We recruited some help (Luvs and Gracefull) got lots of input from lots and lots of folks.
This thing worked out for one huge reason. Everyone there jumped in and went above and beyond.
I can't say enough about my very best new good friend, Al.
He did a super job getting the meat together and the equipment plus put in almost 24 straight hours before catching a nap.. I think he may have slept five or six hours over the last three days.
Al, man if you weren't so ugly I'd kiss you.
love.gif

I am gonna have to make about a million posts saying everything I want to say.
So this may take a few days.
Thanks to TIna (Luvs) for keeping our list updated and rattling cages so everyone would stay involved through this process. ( and delivering Dr. Peppers to a grouchy man)

Grace thanks for planning the auctions and the raffle and amking that run smoothly and a special thanks to the wonderful ladies, Beth, Necie, Sooner and all. the others for taking over that part when we weren't sure Grace was gonna make it.
To Na Na, Bill and the kids. What can I say, I have to give them special kudos for all of the food, work, lights, work, glowsticks, work. (Somehow one of tose cheesecakes wound up in my fridge last night
idunno.gif
) and everything else they contributed but most of all for just being great folks.
Like I said I can't do all of this in one post. So I will be in and out and back on later with more thoughts.
To the guys that kept me up until 2:00 A.M. Let me say I couldn't have had a better time. I am still laughing. I don't think I wound down until around four.
So Stimp, Teach, Al and Mike thanks for the fun.
p.s. If you guys think Stimpy is funny on the board you should be with after midnight. Oh, man!
Al thought we should have had to pay admission
Back later to post more.

Monty

Oh yeah, thanks to the guys that pitched in and helped Al grill the chickens, make the fries and mushrooms and everything else at crunch time. So to Mike, the sausage griller. Hot Wing John, the mushroom king, and Fryer Teach. A big thanks.
Al help me if there were others that bailed us out at the peak of the cooking frenzy.

Also thanks to Don for keeping me company while Al had me chained to the meat slicing table. ( of course I had to keep feeding him or he would have found better company I am sure.)
Beth, special thanks for finding my thumb and reattaching it with the band aid and for being our secretary during the meeting.
I am just getting warmed up but I gotta get ready for church so I will be back.
Monty

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm just hoping dh catches the bug. He built the coop while home on R&R, back when the plan was to get 6 chickens....now he's planning an expansion/revamp when he gets home. I REALLY REALLY want some silkies and Salmon Favorelles, so it will be good if he gets into it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom