The Most Beautiful Cross-Breed of 2010! *With Prize*

Oh a limit of three, better get this one in before the deadline
Unice
from a Black Orp hen who turned into a Mottled after a molt. Since there is no Mottled Orp in the APA. She has to be a cross with something in her heritage.
4 month ole pullet
approx 4 to 5 lbs
000_9239.jpg

000_9240.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, but there are mottled orps in the US.
wink.png
I guess depending on where you got her from, she could be a cross.
idunno.gif

She doesn't have a name yet
hide.gif

salmon Faverolle/EE mix
~7-8 lbs
6 months old

She was hatched back in May by one of our broody Faverolle hens. Her dad is Fishhead, a salmon Faverolle, and her mom is believed to be our Gabby, one of EEs (she was one of two chicks to hatch that day and one was from Gabby's egg. Her markings lead us to believe it was her). Unfortunately, we no longer have our Faverolles (stupid stray dog), but we are thankful to have her to remind us of them.

This is her at 3 mos old.
5048_p1020472.jpg

5048_p1020469.jpg

This is her today. She still hasn't laid an egg, but we expect it to be soon.
5048_p1020631.jpg

5048_p1020633.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
She came from LahFawnDuh's daughter, my Milkey Black Orp hen. And her dad is Feran, who is apparently also a LahFawnDuh offspring. I am guessing she is not the same bloodline. Milkey got his duo 4 & 1/2 years ago as 6/7 month ole juvies from a stringman here at our Indiana State Fair. That stringman was showing Black Orpingtons and Milkey's Orps were from those that the guy was showing. I talked to Russ's wife at the Central Indiana Poultry Show and she said the Black Orp cock who is the grand daddy is 14 lbs as of two months ago.
Here is LahFawnDuh still sporting her patented, just jokin, Brown wing feathers
000_9210.jpg

Count this as my third entry. lolol

Forgot to add another pic to make two pix for the contest.
There is Feran, son of LahFawnDuh

000_9212.jpg

Last edited:
Entry 1

Jasper
Delaware/???? mix
Approx. 10-15 lbs. (HES A BIG CHICKEN!)
1 year and 5 months

We rescued him from our neighbor and he had a bloody comb and scaley leg mites when we got him. I think he definately turned out beautiful after he got proper nutrition... Plus he GREW!

55349_chickies_2010_032.jpg

55349_chickies_2010_029.jpg

I dont know if this one qualifies but hopefully "she" is a Barred rock/Rhode Island red cross just hatched 3 days ago. No name as of yet.
62756_baby_rock.jpg

This is Princess the white one unknown mix she is about 16-17 weeks old with her sister Sassy unknown mix same age
62756_sassy_and_princess.jpg

Enrty 3

Charley Chick!
AmberLink/Delaware/????? mix
Less that 1 lb, although larger that Effie
3 weeks

Born October28th and has a spunky attitude!

55349_chickies_2010_166.jpg

55349_chickies_2010_169.jpg

(Charley and Effie)

Last edited:
Here's my 8 mos. old Maran's and ?? cross, 4-5 lbs, still growing. I like his comb & he has amazing eyes.
49067_img_9322.jpg
49067_img_9313.jpg

How come whenever I take a picture there's always one big turd front and center???

Back
Top Bottom