New BYC Awards / Badges System

I think that's a very neat idea. I think having both badges and awards would also be a good idea. Badges for accomplishments like anniversaries and maybe little random awards that the mods could stamp if they see something extra funny, original, or for whatever they decide, like 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in BYC competitions.

Quote:
But of course you need to have a BYC Comedian award. (A chicken with a Happy Face)

But don't stop there, you could have:

An award for the most lame advice and/or unworkable too expensive artsy crafty (A pink silke )

An award for the most threads killed after your post (A chicken with X-out eyes)

An sign for the most banned deleted off-topic posts (The Red Circle with a bar followed by # of deletions)

A Curmudgeon banner (Hey, you Kids, get off my lawn)

An award for the most stupid question of the previous day........sorry, there are no stupid questions, just ones by people who haven't read the Chickens 101 on the home page yet!

An award for the people with no life, on backYardChickens forum 18 hours out of every 24.

The Techno-geek award for those with Coops wired for Cams and nursery monitors. (The robot-chicken image comes to mind)

A rainbow banner for the most "back to the land" Hippie style chicken set up

A masked bandit image for those with illegal chickens flying under the laws radar.

A cheapskate award for the least cost setup

The Monopoly Millionaire character for the most expensive setup

After all, who on backyard chickens doesn't deserve a Award?

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
I like this idea! I nominate MFB for this award!
big_smile.png

Me? Now that IS funny.
lau.gif
I posts serious stuff too! I'm just a southern country boy, so I think it just comes out funny.

I read all the emergency threads, but just ain't had enough sick chickens to get any experiance. About the best I can do is post a link to someone else's answers.

I think the awards thing can be a fun thing. I've enjoyed seeing the new awards under the names of alot of my favorite posters.
thumbsup.gif

And who said you're not supposed to be on BYC 18 hours out of 24? I sleep about 6 hours... what am I supposed to do the rest of the time except visit my freinds here on BYC?

Darkmatter,
thumbsup.gif

(But then we would have to give you a Generosity Award for giving everyone else an award!)
wink.png

BTW - you forgot the 4/400 Pulitzer Prize - for the best sig line autobiography in 400 characters or 4 lines.

Quote:
big_smile.png

Me? Now that IS funny.
lau.gif
I posts serious stuff too! I'm just a southern country boy, so I think it just comes out funny.

I read all the emergency threads, but just ain't had enough sick chickens to get any experiance. About the best I can do is post a link to someone else's answers.

I think the awards thing can be a fun thing. I've enjoyed seeing the new awards under the names of alot of my favorite posters.
thumbsup.gif

And who said you're not supposed to be on BYC 18 hours out of 24? I sleep about 6 hours... what am I supposed to do the rest of the time except visit my freinds here on BYC?

Please, you, bird, and sourland are the reasons I never stay serious. And yes, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

I thought of a good one:

"BYC helper" it could be a badge for any one that has/is helping to run anything "extra" (ie. the trivia contest, or the LORE project)

Quote:
big_smile.png

Me? Now that IS funny.
lau.gif

thumbsup.gif

Ah..............the first person who came to my mind! LOL

I think we need one for the most rude comments

Quote:
Me? Now that IS funny.
lau.gif

thumbsup.gif

Ah..............the first person who came to my mind! LOL

I think we need one for the most rude comments

Somehow I don't think insulting badges is a really good way to go...

Back
Top Bottom