Zane Made REAL Progress (New Pics Pg 99)!RIP Lorelei...

Go Zane!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I want some little Zane babies so bad!!! Please put me on a list to get some of his eggs when he back to doing the daddy thing!
smile.png

Olivia, thanks for all the hugs! Steff, just keep up with Zane's progress and I'm sure you'll know when it's time for those little Zane babies. I really want that for him-he is just the sweetest, most huggable rooster I've ever known.

Cyn, since the crop therapy worked on Ruby before, she may not have the same problems as your SLW. I have a marans hen with crop issues. She too has lost weight. She will go along fine and then her crop just tends to fill up and not move. The olive oil helps, but doesn't fix the problem. I tried the crop bra thing and that didn't seem to help much either. She isn't laying, but her comb in red. I think she probably has something stuck in there that is ok for while and then moves and partly blocks the pipe out of her crop. The olive oil moves whatever and she is fine for while, sometimes even a couple of weeks. I wish I could get whatever is in there to pass through.

Morning Cyn holding you and yours in my prayers said extra for Ruby and your Dad and Zane. I also pray for extra strengh for you, I sure hope you are taking extra vitamins during this so stressfull times. I use to lose my hair in times of such stress. Now I take a vitamin my niece told me about (she found out about it when she was taking cancer treatment and losing her hair) It is called "Hair skin and nails" it is about $7 at Walmart and I have been taking it for 3 months and really notice a difference. I was losing my hair by the handfull so I take 2 instead of 1. Thought I would share it with ya all.

Hope this finds ya all doing wonderfull

He looks SO much better in those pictures than he did before. I can see what you mean about his comb -- he looks so much healthier.

When he starts to be able to stand, do you think you should put him in with the ladies just yet? I'm thinking he might get a little too ambitious and reinjure himself. Once he's walking, you should probably keep him separated just so that he can exercise and get stronger. Once he's roosting up high and running around normally, then it might be safer to let him at his hens.

It's going to be tricky knowing when to put him in with the girls. He'll have to be completely steady on his feet, certainly. I can test him with Gypsy, who seems to be in love with him, LOL.
Michele, the crop thing is probably what is wrong with Ruby. We'll keep trying to regulate that for her. I picked up Rosemary and her weight is still good, even though she isn't laying still. I see no issues with her crop at all. Ruby's color seems fine right now and she's foraging far and wide, on the move all the time. I wonder if she is eating something on range that just wont go through well. We really dont have grass here, being in the woods. Hard to say what is causing it.
Jean, thanks for the tip about the vitamins. I do take them, but my hair loss is hereditary and not from stress, although it could be worse because of stress lately.

I know we all try to avoid medicating our birds if at all possible, but I have used Metoclopramide (Reglan) injections successfully to treat impacted crop.

Confine and give only water for 24 hours plus 1/2 cc (1/4 for bantams) Metoclopramide morning & evening. Give another inj. next morning & evening and start on liquid diet (baby bird feed powder works well) until crop clears out. It may take another dose the next night.

Back
Top Bottom