••• IMPORTANT - Read Regarding BYC Downtime & Malware Warning •••

I never got a warning at all, so wasnt sure what was going on. These things happen. I know you all will get it taken care of. BYC has been the best place I have found. Love the site!

Quote:
Um, security is there for a reason. To protect you! I would not suggest people turn off their security for any reason. BYC DID have an issue and had to repair it. The message was there for a reason.

What if you had come to this site and the problem had not been fixed yet and you just went about your business because you turned off your security? You might have a serious problem that could cause PERMANENT damage to your computer.

Its not worth the risk.

And I too am glad BYC is back on track!!!

"google gods" love it!!
lol.png
My brother swears they are going to take over the world

No warning here for me. All I got was the maintenance message saying BYC was down. I kept checking every five minutes to see if it was up again! Man, I'm really addicted to BYC!
th.gif

Good ideas. I would also suggest Avast (www.avast.com) as a free antivirus alternative. I'm a computer tech (too?) and run it on my machines.

Malware is scary, and now that some of the creators of the stuff have figured out how to get past Windows 7 and Vista security, it is even more dangerous. Even running as a user in XP isn't 100% safe anymore.

Better safe than sorry. I'm just glad we have good admins here that take care of these problems and don't ignore them.

Quote:

Well the cats, chickens and I just climbed out of the bunker. Too dark to see if there is anything left. Was I right? the world came to an end?
roll.png

Glad things seem back to normal.

Imp- BTW, last night I picked raspberries, picked plums, picked up the house, and balanced the checkbook. Please see that doesn't happen again.
lol.png

BTW#2- My computer automatically ran a scan and found no potentially dangerous software, just after I left BYC last night.

If you use Internet Explorer, you probably wouldn't get the warning until you happened on the page where the infected advertisement was located (assuming you are running a decent antivirus). I didn't get any warnings either, but I'm running a thorough virus scan right now, and a malware scan is coming up next. Safe computing is a priority around here.

Quote:

I just kept hitting ignore warning
tongue2.gif
, i was going through withdrawals
th.gif
and had to get on and get my fix this morning
thumbsup.gif
. Glad it is fixed, but my computer still tells me it is still infected. Waiting for the server to tell my computer where to go.
tongue.gif

Have a great day y'all.

aaawwww Nifty we knew it would be fixed so no worries....But thanks for explaining what happened...I myself was curious why the warnings popped up.

Back
Top Bottom