••• IMPORTANT - Read Regarding BYC Downtime & Malware Warning •••

I am still getting the warning through Google. I entered anyways, but my Aviria is not finding anything now like last night. Hope this info helps!

Hi!
Boyds suggestions are good. A great opportunity to clean up your own computer and make sure all your defenses are in order.
big_smile.png

Sure is quite on the forums...
sad.png

Safe computing everyone!

(Thanks admin for the quick action!)

ON

Am I the only on who runs Linux and doesn't have to worry about "security" or lack there-of when you use Windows?
lol.png
I turn off the browser malware warnings, as well, since I don't need to worry about it.

You have to do whatever feels comfortable to you, but these warnings in Firefox are coming from Firefox, not your antivirus software. I run a good antivirus package, and am completely comfortable turning off the warnings in Firefox for now, until Google whitelists BYC and the sister sites again. I won't use Internet Exploder
wink.png

Panda Cloud is another free antivirus that my computer geek recommended. Just sayin'......

I have Avira on this computer, AGV on another and Panda Cloud on the third. I did not get anything except the maint. message so I had to go to bed!

Quote:
That won't do any good until the flag that Google has set has been completely removed and given the nature of Google's system that is not instantaneous.

I just did a Google search for backyardchickens and the site still has the warning flag set from where I am, your search result can be totally different from mine at any moment in time.

I'm still getting the red strip of danger at the top of my BYC pages. I'm limited on what I can see, and it seems to scan every page I click on... so we are going to be SLOW today to say the least. I think I will take today to take the kiddie to the park and go grocery shopping then.

Thanks for forcing me to go on with life!
tongue.png

Anyays, thanks for the warning and explainations. I wish I could copy and paste some of it to my mother who insists malware means nothing... long as its not a virus she is fine. Who seriously gets a new computer every year because of crashing and viruses and thinks that is normal?

Alright, will be back later.... everyone be safe!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom