••• IMPORTANT - Read Regarding BYC Downtime & Malware Warning •••

To assure you all that missed it this isnt something that Nifty runs across alot this was a brief attack that made it threw the programming software. 28 pages were marked but only one serious threat made it 27 other pages were affected by the malic, software This is something Mods have to worry about constantly. and for there to only be one major attack on byc that shows you there stability right there. Anyone with mod experience can assure you its a total job alone to keep these hackers out of your page. Very nice Job on this one Nifty and all mods here is a review if any one didnt get to read there review for google or firefox. Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for backyardchickens.com

What is the current listing status for backyardchickens.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 474 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 28 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-14.

Malicious software includes 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including cnjug.com/, windowsxp-privacy.net/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including reviewum.net/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS25847 (SERVINT).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, backyardchickens.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center

Antivirus software is a type of program that scans a computer's memory and storage space to identify and eliminate viruses. I recommend that you install and then run more than one antivirus program ,as some programs may be able to detect what another cannot. To avoid complications with the software, however, please do not run multiple antivirus programs at once.

* AVG Free
* Kaspersky
* Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware
* Moosoft
* NOD32
* Symantec Security Check
* Outpost Security Site PRO
* Trojan Remover
* Avast!
* Microsoft Security Essentials
* Norton Antivirus (Macintosh specific)

Note: Many antivirus programs will periodically issue software updates. Please make sure your antivirus programs are up-to-date before beginning your scan.

Anti-Spyware

Anti-Spyware software is a type of program that scans a computer's storage space and services to identify and eliminate programs designed to monitor computer usage beyond the user's acceptance. Among many technical issues, spyware can also cause crashing windows, and connection issues. I recommend that you install and then run more than one anti-spyware program, as some programs may be able to detect what another cannot.

* AdAware
* Microsoft Windows Defender
* Spybot – Search & Destroy
Note: Many anti-spyware programs will periodically issue software updates. Please make sure your antivirus programs are up-to-date before beginning your scan.

4 hours of sleep... yay.
roll.png
Good news, reports are coming in that we've been given the green light by Google!

Looks like everything is back up and running with Google Chrome, I received the red screen of death for your site a couple of hours ago and now can get on. I work with IT for a City and we use Malwarebytes along with some other tools. One I can suggest that has been doing good things for us on rootkits and hijacks is Hitman Pro. It can be downloaded at CNET.com - http://download.cnet.com/Hitman-Pro...-10895604.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d

www.malwarebytes.org is a good all around maintenance tool to have.

You are too sweet! Thank you for all of your hard work to restore the forums on BYC.
thumbsup.gif
People like you increase my faith that good honest people do exist in this world! Whew!

Programs AVG and Malwarebytes both reported I had several Trojan Horse Cryptic.AWZ viruses last night and this morning. Both programs rid my computer of the threats. Not sure if its BYC related. I was on here several hours yesterday. Google and Firefox took off the warning as I type this around 1pm est. today.

Glad they green-lighted the site so quickly- I was hoping it would work out that speedily once the fix was instituted.

I'll stay on Homeland Security Orange for a bit...need my chicken community!

Quote:
Sorry for the lack of sleep on your part and thanks for all that you put into this awesome site for all of us peeps to enjoy!
hugs.gif

As for the green light from Google,
thumbsup.gif
!

It was so nice to see BYC back up this morning. At one point yesterday I got a little malware warning from Avast (virus protection) when I clicked on one one of the topics. I didn't think too much about it (thought it was just an Avast paranoia blip), but looking back I should have let the mods know.

Quote:
I want to also issue a BIG THANK YOU to you, Renee, for the heads up about the malware! That tip got the ball rolling towards getting things fixed.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom