Pics

Fanci Feathers Marans

Chicken Tender
Jun 26, 2017
Missouri
  1. Each Role Play or game needing rules with have the following posted in the first post at the top of the post. Role Plays and games needing rules that do not have this posted will be closed and not allowed to reopen.

Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

2) No one will be excluded (banned, kicked out, etc) from the role plays except by BYC Staff.
3) While we expect that the originators of the game will set the tone and theme for the game, they are not moderators and will not act or represent themselves as such.
4) Role Plays and games are not owned by role play originators and are not to be claimed as such.
5) You agree not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't. If your role play has copyrighted images, you need to remove them.
6) Do not post violent, gory or murderous games. they will be closed without warning.
7) We realize this is strict, but BYC is a place for all ages to come and learn about chickens. We want everyone to feel safe here. If these rules are too restrictive, there are places on the internet where free-for-all games are allowed.
Just FYI, if you haven't joined already, and you would like to, please submit your character form in the chat thread. You don't have to have been a part of the first role play (We Could Be Heroes) to join this one. As always, have fun and try not to kill anybody. :)

«We Could Be Legends»
___ ___ ___​
diner_by_wingedwartigers-dcir83e (1).png

It's Saturday morning. Rainy, of course. Would be a shame if it were to be a nice, warm weekend for once and maybe sleep in for once! But noooo. Here I sit in a booth the pancake house in my PJ's and fuzzy bunny houserobe at 7:00 A.M.

"Why am I up so early?" I mumble to myself as I watch the customers eat their pancakes. Well, I know why. Its 'because parents,' that's why. Mom's out running errands or something, so Zion and I had to get up at the buttcrack of dawn and go with Dad to work so he could 'watch us,' even though we're both 17 and practically adults.

But I guess I do get breakfast this way.

I take off my prosthetic leg and lay it on the table, then take my shoe off and do the same, snuggling into my robe like an angry little turtle. I should still be asleep right now. And it's cold in here. And it's still raining. I hate today.

"Delilah, get your shoes off the table." Dad sighs as comes with his server's tray in hand. He's shaped a bit different than normal humans. Kinda shorter with some different muscling, especially on his back, but I guess you wouldn't notice that at first glance. There's something steaming on top of the tray he's holding, which is certainly more interesting.

Not giving a crap about my shoes, I ignore him. "Coffee?" I demand, eyeing the tray.

He sighs, raising his brow at me as he stifles a yawn. His eyes are still droopy, and his hair's a mess this morning, "Can I get a 'pleeease'?" Dad says, holding the bowl-sized mug of deliciousness over my head.

I think a moment. I don't feel like saying please, but... coffee. "Pleeease," I growl through sharp, gritted teeth. You know , just for effect.

Oh, I guess I should take this opportunity to say I'm not a normal human, either. Well, "normal" in the original sense. I think Inhumans are supposed to outnumber the Originals like 57% to 43% now, or something like that.

I'm a shapeshifter like my mother, Misty. I didn't get a cool Skin like a wolf or a tiger or anything dangerous. I wish it were a tiger, though. Wouldn't that be awesome? But no. Just like this rainy, up-too-early, stinky Saturday morning, I got the short end of the stick. My Skin is a grey fox, barely bigger than a housecat. I don't have a leg below the knee in that Skin, either, which also sucks.

Dad sits the coffee down on the table, next to my shoes and leg. Just as I reach for it, he puts his hand on my head musses up my hair, to which I gave a growl. "Where's Zi?" He asked.

I shrug, clutching my coffee close and taking a sip. When my lips broke through the thick layer of cream on top, there was a wonderful embrace of hot, sugary, cinnamon-flavored caffeine waiting for me. Mmmm.

"I guess he's in the bathroom," Dad said, coming to the conclusion on his own. See that's not so hard, is it? Thinking for yourself, rather than asking me stupid questions. He retreated back into the kitchen to continue doing whatever. Probably something to do with pancakes.
___ ___ ___

image.jpg

Last edited:
"I DON'T WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU!"A screech echoed in the apartment. Wolfram snarled at Mapleshade, his eyes narrowed and hands clenched threateningly."Your mother is dead and she left me in charge, Wolfram."Mapleshade growled softly, flattening her ears."What about my father, Mapleshade?! No one ever told me about him, he is still alive, isn't he?!"He spat, his blue eyes cold and threatening. Mapleshade looked at the ground, her ears flat against her head. A sob came from the male as he threw himself down on the couch."I'm 18 Mapleshade, I can live on my own!"He sobbed, hiding his face in his hands."And where would that be, May I ask?"The female cat shifter growled, unwelcoming. All she got for a answer was a soft whimper. She sighed softly. She couldn't help but feel a little bit of pity for the child. His mother got killed, found dead in her house, his father never seen.

Peter stared up at the dark sky, squinting in the rain. It was cold out here, and he was getting soaked, but he paid that little heed. He took a deep breath of the cold air and closed his eyes for a moment, listening to the pattering of the rain and the sounds of the roosters crowing.
"PETER! What in the heck are you doing up there?!"
Peter looked down, his eye wide open now. "Uh-"
"C'mon. Get down before your hoodie gets soaked."
"It's already soaked," Peter mumbled, teleporting down from the tree with a glare at his sister. "You need to stop acting like Mom."
Grace snorted. "If I were acting like Mom I'd make you clean your room for once. Oh, and your homework." She looked at him with a fake-stern expression. "Yeah, I know you haven't finished that project in Mr. Gladd's class."
"Dont tell them. Please." Peter begged. He didn't need his parents up his tail about his english project.
"Don't worry, I haven't finished it either." Grace said, barely containing her laughter at Peter's expression of horror. "You know what? Let's go to that 24 hour pancake place. Mom and Dad aren't gonna be back anytime soon." She said with a shrug, already turning towards the house to get her sneakers. Arriving there in muddy boots probably wouldn't be the best idea.

Taylor shuddered, rain running down her teal raincoat. She pushed open the doors of the pancake shop, yawning. Her thick fiery red hai bounced in a half soaked ponytail. She sat down in a seat, throwing her purse and raincoat. Next to her. She ordered a coffee, looking around the restaurant.
Not having any phone service, half due to the restaurant itself, and the other half because of the storm, I watched the others in the restaurant. A werewolf who I recognized as 'Jerry' was having bottomless pancakes again- vegan, no less- and already on his third stack. Across from him sat a centaur, who had ordered the breakfast combo. I raised a brow. He was using the special chairs that the restaurant offered for four-legged creatures. Normally they don't bother to use those. I guess they inteded to stay awhile.

There were five booths and two tables in Dad's section, and as I scanned each one, my eyes fell on a girl about my age. Apparently she wasn't sleeping in this Saturday, either. But why was she sitting there all alone, not reading or on her phone, just drinking her coffee like a psycopath? Suddenly our eyes met. I, however, wasn't startled.

With practiced precision, I executed the Morning Stare, eyes focused somewhere off behind her. I could still watch her this way, but could still avoid eye contact.

"Okay, raining. Amazing! Now I don't have to fly. And Mom can't argue about me not flying in a storm, can she?" Lachlan Tamhas Loson said quietly, glancing down at the dog standing at his legs- a black Schnauzer named Scorch. It simply cocked his head at him, and Lachlan turned back from the window, walking to the door and going out. After closing it behind him, he stood in his human form for merely a couple moments, before he turned from a human teenager to a large wolf with light silver fur and green eyes. He began to run, and it wasn't too long to he came to a place named 'Pancake House'.
He shifted back to his human form, wearing a blue plaid shift and grey jeans, he had green eyes and black hair with brown mixed in.
He grabbed the door and pulled it open, walking in as it shut behind him.
He glanced around, he immediately recognized one of the people in the back that he saw a flash of- Gage! Gage was a friend of his's family, and he had brought together a group that, well, had saved people, and Lachlan may idolize him a little.
Lachlan's eyes flicked to the people siting around. He caught sight of Delilah, he quickly ordered a coffee and walked over to her. "Hey, Delilah. Stuck here while your dad works, I see?" He said politely, trying to make small talk.

Last edited:
Not having any phone service, half due to the restaurant itself, and the other half because of the storm, I watched the others in the restaurant. A werewolf who I recognized as 'Jerry' was having bottomless pancakes again- vegan, no less- and already on his third stack. Across from him sat a centaur, who had ordered the breakfast combo. I raised a brow. He was using the special chairs that the restaurant offered for four-legged creatures. Normally they don't bother to use those. I guess they inteded to stay awhile.

There were five booths and two tables in Dad's section, and as I scanned each one, my eyes fell on a girl about my age. Apparently she wasn't sleeping in this Saturday, either. But why was she sitting there all alone, not reading or on her phone, just drinking her coffee like a psycopath? Suddenly our eyes met. I, however, wasn't startled.

With practiced precision, I executed the Morning Stare, eyes focused somewhere off behind her. I could still watch her this way, but could still avoid eye contact.
Taylor's gaze flittered around therestaurant, when her eyes met with a girl, no older then herself. She gave a small smile, turning away to sip at the coffee she had been given, but couldn't ignore the nagging feeling. The feeling of being pulled towards the girl. Could she....be like me? The thought crept into the red head's mind. Se didn't know many of the Inhumans, very few of them. She jumped, startled, as the restaurants door slammed shut. She tore her gaze away from the ground, and looked up. A boy with jet black hair, and, in Taylor's opinion, slightly terrifying blue eyes. And he didn't look happy. She watched him snap at a waitress as he sat down. But Taylor ignored him. Taylor looked out the window behind the girl, or at least, so it seemed. Really, she was watching her, slightly.

Brisa shifted as her alarm went off, sitting up in bed with a groan. (Why had she forgotten to turn it OFF?!) Glancing at the floor, she saw the two reddish shapes moving around downstairs. Good, her parents were already up. Sighing, she got out of bed, flinching as her feet touched the chilly wood, and headed to the bathroom. She showered, brushed and braided her still-damp hair, and pulled on a light blue dress with flowers, one of her favorites, and a raincoat. She then decided to tie her shoes before putting on her backpack (no use getting stuck flailing on the ground like a sad turtle when your backpack's weight makes you fall) and headed downstairs, grabbed a piece of toast and was out the door in a moment, after being strangled by her dad's hug and whisked back for a kiss from her mom. She hoverboarded down the sidewalk towards the cafe to get some breakfast and relax before grudgingly starting her homework. She finally reached the Pancake Place and pulled open the door, breathing in the scent of coffee and (what else?) pancakes. Seeing others already there, she awkwardly walked across the entire cafe to her favorite seat by the window and sat, leaning her hoverboard on her seat.

Last edited:
"Okay, raining. Amazing! Now I don't have to fly. And Mom can't argue about me not flying in a storm, can she?" Lachlan Tamhas Loson said quietly, glancing down at the dog standing at his legs- a black Schnauzer named Scorch. It simply cocked his head at him, and Lachlan turned back from the window, walking to the door and going out. After closing it behind him, he stood in his human form for merely a couple moments, before he turned from a human teenager to a large wolf with light silver fur and green eyes. He began to run, and it wasn't too long to he came to a place named 'Pancake House'.
He shifted back to his human form, wearing a blue plaid shift and grey jeans, he had green eyes and black hair with brown mixed in.
He grabbed the door and pulled it open, walking in as it shut behind him.
He glanced around, he immediately recognized one of the people in the back that he saw a flash of- Gage! Gage was a friend of his's family, and he had brought together a group that, well, had saved people, and Lachlan may idolize him a little.
Lachlan's eyes flicked to the people siting around. He caught sight of Delilah, he quickly ordered a coffee and walked over to her. "Hey, Delilah. Stuck here while your dad works, I see?"
I didn't break the stare at first, pretending to slowly come out of it like one truely afflicted with the Morning Stares. "...What?" I said. "Oh, hey, Nessie." I said, not feeling like tackeling Lachlan's name at the moment. I pulled my prosthetic and shoe off the table so he could sit down.

Grace shoved open the door of the pancake house, spotting an empty table and collapsing on it. "Maybe that wasn't such a good idea," she muttered, mostly to herself, "I'm drenched."
Peter sat across from her, staring absently at the menu. "Huh," he said, a small smile lifting the corners of his mouth. "'Death By Pancakes'. Sounds fun."
"I bet they shove them down your throat until you choke." Grace replied mildly, also smiling. She brought her phone out of her pocket and checked it. No internet, of course.

Back
Top Bottom