‘Silked’ White Easter Egger

Pics
So basically you joined the site to say members are liars about their experiences with a hatchery?
Perfect.
Welcome to BYC.
So basically you joined the site to say members are liars about their experiences with a hatchery?
Perfect.
Welcome to BYC.

Nah. You nor a few others talked about their experiences. You made negative comments based on 2 birds out of thousands. Others told a woman she had a hatchery silkie and they ripped her off.
Those are the things that are untrue. So I came to let the other woman know who was lied to by members, and the woman asking questions, and anyone else who wants to know that they really often are silked and lay blue eggs and they’re great birds.
Thanks for the welcome! 😉

Nah. You nor a few others talked about their experiences. You made negative comments based on 2 birds out of thousands. Others told a woman she had a hatchery silkie and they ripped her off.
Those are the things that are untrue. So I came to let the other woman know who was lied to by members, and the woman asking questions, and anyone else who wants to know that they really often are silked and lay blue eggs and they’re great birds.
Still don't see where anyone lied or why you think because you've had positive experiences with them that that means everyone else must have had too.
You can be positive about and promote a hatchery without claiming anyone that disagrees is a liar.

The bird that was basically a hatchery silkie was a silkie that didn't lay blue eggs, it laid silkie colored eggs. So they paid a large amount of money for what was basically a hatchery silkie that would go for like 6 bucks

Still don't see where anyone lied or why you think because you've had positive experiences with them that that means everyone else must have had too.
You can be positive about and promote a hatchery without claiming anyone that disagrees is a liar.
On the second page of the thread people told a woman who bought an MPC Silked EE that it wasn’t and she had a white silkie and was ripped off.
People can have bad experiences. As I said, that is not what I was commenting about. Lying about statistics and why they happen (basic genetics explains that easily) was the issue.
Also, I got to show off a couple cute birds and apparently accidentally some pups too. 😊

Hopefully my comment was helpful Ladybrasa!
Along with them truly often being silked and having blue eggs, they were our favorite birds personality wise. Super friendly and outgoing but we’re bold when in the flock and we’re often at the top of the pecking order, we got eggs from one of our WSEE every 6 days. Some weeks I don’t think she even skipped a day! She was also a great mother and her “children” loved her beyond most things ive seen with animals, even when they were laying eggs themselves they still showed her affection! It was the sweetest!

The bird that was basically a hatchery silkie was a silkie that didn't lay blue eggs, it laid silkie colored eggs. So they paid a large amount of money for what was basically a hatchery silkie that would go for like 6 bucks
Silkie’s don’t lay white eggs. They also don’t lay frequently. They’ll lay 7 eggs but then be broody for a year 😂
Sure she didn’t get what she was hoping for, but she knew the risk as MPC specifies. And she wasn’t upset about it because of that. MPC can’t control genetics. Even Easter Eggers have a chance at not laying colored eggs. Same for Olive eggers. You cannot guarantee 100% with the genetics that are involved. If someone is willing to spend $30 on a chick knowing the risk of getting a satin feathered or non color laying hen, like I did, then MPC isn’t doing anything wrong in that regard and is advertising fairly.

but I totally get spending that much and risking that much is not worth it to some and that’s totally fine!

Silkie’s don’t lay white eggs. They also don’t lay frequently. They’ll lay 7 eggs but then be broody for a year 😂
Sure she didn’t get what she was hoping for, but she knew the risk as MPC specifies. And she wasn’t upset about it because of that. MPC can’t control genetics. Even Easter Eggers have a chance at not laying colored eggs. Same for Olive eggers. You cannot guarantee 100% with the genetics that are involved. If someone is willing to spend $30 on a chick knowing the risk of getting a satin feathered or non color laying hen, like I did, then MPC isn’t doing anything wrong in that regard and is advertising fairly.

but I totally get spending that much and risking that much is not worth it to some and that’s totally fine!
Not every silkie goes broody. I have quite a few hens that would never go broody so they laid pretty much every day.

So 0% blue egg layers and 50% not even silkied.
@34.95 per chick. Good job @ $crewing customers MPC.
MPC offers several breeds with the "maybe they will, maybe they won't", guarantee. For what they charge. Sure would be nice if they would give some assurances. Like a discount for repeat buyers, or something. $30 to $50 dollars for "maybe". Not real comforting. I still buy from them, but will only buy once my previous chicks mature. The other issue I find frustrating is their fulfilment ability. They have issues with supply and demand. If you are anxious to begin and don't haxe some degree of patience. Would recommend someone else. MPC would be for those that want novelty in their chicken yard

Back
Top Bottom