✅Do More Save Less Challenge - Coming Soon

Pics
laundry basket of mismatched socks
I save my odd socks or ones with holes for rags. Turn them inside out, and they are great for dusting. Wash, dry, reuse. If I use it for a really icky cleaning job, I toss it.
I did start buying 6 pairs all the same when I was working.
That's what I do. I save the odd ones when some get holey, and then I still have a pair of socks.

I have been known to wear mismatched socks around my place and in boots when going to town. They still perform their intended function.
I did start buying 6 pairs all the same when I was working.
one of the last batches of socks for the girls was... i kid you not... a bag full of intentionally different colors of the same sock, to mix and match all you want. there were a few to truly match identical... out of some 18-24 pairs of these little ankle tall socks.

those are all "in a separate pile."

I save my odd socks or ones with holes for rags. Turn them inside out, and they are great for dusting. Wash, dry, reuse. If I use it for a really icky cleaning job, I toss it.

That's what I do. I save the odd ones when some get holey, and then I still have a pair of socks.
I sew up the holes.

What does the dryer do with all our socks?
I am almost 40 years old and can honestly say, I have never lost a sock in the laundry. And yes, I do my own laundry. Never lost one of hubby's socks either. Can't say the same for my kid because I have no clue if he even gets all his socks in the hamper!

Every once in a while I go on a Tupperware rampage. Anything that does not have a corresponding lid/bottom is out. Actually just the lids. I use the bottoms to sprout greens for the poultry and to store the odd socks.
I confess to also wearing mismatched socks but I hear my mother voice - "what happens if you have an accident. What will the doctors think?"

I confess to also wearing mismatched socks but I hear my mother voice - "what happens if you have an accident. What will the doctors think?"
I bet they will be much to busy to worry about your socks.

Me: Doc, am I going to live? Tell me the truth!
Doc: You're going to live, but we'll have to amputate your leg. You have mismatched socks on!

Every once in a while I go on a Tupperware rampage. Anything that does not have a corresponding lid/bottom is out. Actually just the lids. I use the bottoms to sprout greens for the poultry and to store the odd socks.
My mom always said, "Wear clean underwear in case you get in a car accident." I always told her that if I got into an accident, I'd soil myself anyways so it wasn't an issue! 😂

Back
Top Bottom