➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
I'm using Purina Flock Raiser now and will likely stick to it for awhile.
I was feeding Dumor Chick Starter for the last couple years to all my birds (with free choice oyster shell on the side) & wasn't having any problems, though my rooster's favorite hen has a few ugly feathers. However, the feed store was out for awhile so the honey picked up Dumor Layer Feed: They were on that for three to four weeks and during that last week and a half, I had a bad egg eating problem.
I switched to Purina Flock Raiser because they were still out of chick starter and the egg eating has stopped. Maybe it's the extra protein in the feed, maybe it isn't; but I'll stick to this flock raiser for now. I know each brand has different sub categories, & nutrient profiles to consider...

SavKel picked up a bag of this when we wanted to try pellet feed:
http://king-brand.com/product/freedom-layer-pellet/
I don't think it's what she'll get next time. We've found a feed store we like that seems to have a great inventory, and so far the chickens have been fans of the start and grow and flock raiser. We started the turkeys on some 24% DuMor, until we tracked down that 30% startena. I think you already have those four though.
When we try another pellet I'll check to make sure it makes your list.

Ryn.

Back
Top Bottom