➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
Just called, Miranda's don't carry All Flock but do carry All Purpose which is less protein than All Flock (18%) and Flock Raiser (20%). Think that's why I stick to the Flock Raiser, haven't had issues with it and I've gotten great Customer Service when I had a complaint about the dust in the last bag I purchased. Go a call from the Regional Distributor :) and coupons for 2 free bags :) Customer Service says alot in my book.
:woot

What started this research for me is how everyone recommends all flock feed.

I'm jumping the gun again but I can say that the brands while the brands do differ.
There isn't much difference within the same brand.
If that makes sense.

You can't tell someone to feed all flock.
Brand A's all flock is one ingredient different then their layer feed.
Brand B's all flock is very different then brand A's.

Brand C's all flock is off the charts different.

I am going to confuse people.
Just wait.
I'll show you all on the same page.
:D
To add one more twist for the last 2 or 3 yrs everything in the yard gets lay pellets if they big enough to swallow it and I know you've seen on the other thread the fowls I breed and the young that are reared. The 2 cocks a few pages ago was solely layer. That's for the folk that say you're never supposed to feed males a layer. Well it works for me and works well

What started this research for me is how everyone recommends all flock feed.
I'm jumping the gun again but I can say that the brands while the brands do differ.
There isn't much difference within the same brand.
If that makes sense.
You can't tell someone to feed all flock.
Brand A's all flock is one ingredient different then their layer feed.
Brand B's all flock is very different then brand A's.
Brand C's all flock is off the charts different.
I am going to confuse people.
Just wait.
I'll show you all on the same page.
:D

:lau I know we want to feed our animals/pet the best we can afford but it gets so very difficult with all there is, ingredients and analysis :lol:

Here's a good one, been reading "animal protein" is better than grain protein, is there any feed that uses/has "animal" protein? I gave up looking, that's where treats come in (mealworms, tuna, eggs, meat, etc ...) alot easier & make me feel good when they LOVE their treats, ha ha

:lau I know we want to feed out animals/pet the best we can afford but it gets so very difficult with all there is, ingredients and analysis :lol:

Here's a good one, been reading "animal protein" is better than grain protein, is there any feed that uses/has "animal" protein? I gave up looking, that's where treats come in (mealworms, tuna, eggs, meat, etc ...) alot easier & make me feel good when they LOVE their treats, ha ha
If I come across one I will let you know.

I doubt there is much animal protein in feed pellets. Hard to get into a dry, longer-lasting form (fat tends to spoil pretty quickly) and pretty much always more expensive than grains.

Treats, bugs and worms are likely where most chickens will find most of their animal protein.

:lau I know we want to feed our animals/pet the best we can afford but it gets so very difficult with all there is, ingredients and analysis :lol:

I also find that a lot of people both new here on BYC and some old ones just feed what ever is the cheapest...and sometimes that is just corn! :barnie:barnie

I'm making this sheet for those of us that care to take the time to compare things and for those who don't care what they feed to be able to look at it and see the differences easily.
Anyone can compare labels at their feed store...not that many people actually do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom