➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
I give my girls Country Heritage Organic Certified Coarse Layer; they love it:

http://organicstockfeed.com/poultry/layer-birds

Sadly, I can not get you a link to that particular feed, but if you go to the above and then click on the option I have highlighted in the screen shot, you will be able to see the details:

Coarse Layer.jpg

:lau I know we want to feed our animals/pet the best we can afford but it gets so very difficult with all there is, ingredients and analysis :lol:

Here's a good one, been reading "animal protein" is better than grain protein, is there any feed that uses/has "animal" protein? I gave up looking, that's where treats come in (mealworms, tuna, eggs, meat, etc ...) alot easier & make me feel good when they LOVE their treats, ha ha

Does fish meal count? Scratch & Peck uses it, although how much is hard to gauge.

I also feed high protein treats (soldier fly larvae, mealworms, etc.) for similar reasons.

:pop:pop
I’ve switched feeds many times in the short time I’ve had chickens.
I prefer organic but it’s frustrating that I can’t find an organic feed that has a minimum of 20% protein and a recent mill date out here in Idaho.
Seems like everyone out here buys whatever is cheapest.
I’m also very interested in feed with animal protein in it!
If they can make dry dog/cat food with animal protein I don’t see why they can’t put it in poultry feeds. :he
Until I can settle on something I like I’ll continue to supplement my birds with animal protein myself.
The brands I’ve used:
Nature’s Best
Nutrena
Purina
DuMor

I’m currently using DuMor chick starter for the littles and the biggies.
I look forward to your results Kiki!

Yeah, looking for something locally. Shipping seems to be $$$. If I give up on organic I was thinking about trying this:
Oñate 22% layer
http://www.onatefeedmill.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/22Layer.pdf

I'd still have to order it but at least I could pick it up at my mom and pop feed store.

A small feed store in my town started carrying "Onate" feeds, she drives to the Albuquerque mill every Friday for a truckload of it. I was thrilled because I've always wanted to try feed straight from the mill! However I was a bit disappointed. The feed had absolutely NO smell and my flock refused to eat it, no matter how hungry they got. :hmm

Lets us know how your birds like it! My birds are incredibly picky. :p

Back
Top Bottom