➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
What works I do not go that far it is like 65 miles round trip for us
but we live out in the sticks on purpose

We love where we live as well. It is an Ag area but the in-town feed mill sells by the ton <G>. That does not work for a small, non commercial, flock so I've never inquired about what they sell for poultry.

The closest feed store for me is 45 miles one way. The "boutique" store is 75miles in the opposite direction and part of an extended population area I do not care for. We choose to live here, the driving is a trade off.

To throw a wrench (maybe) into your Nutrena stats, at least for their Gamebird feed there are multiple protein options. They only list one on their website but it seems differing levels can be ordered from their distributors. I know this because I had some major confusion between my bags saying 28% while their website says 22%, which suspiciously is the same protein as their meat-bird feed. I had to call around to figure it out.

So it is not that their website is "wrong", but simply that they seem to actually produce and sell more than what they list on their website. Same exact branding, color scheme, graphics, name, etc....

I'm working on something...I would like to include as many feed brands as possible that all of us BYC members use.

Please vote for the brand you use.

If your specific brand is not listed please leave a post with the exact brand name.
Thank you!

ETA:
If you have a direct link to your particular feed (only if it is not listed as one of the poll choices) can you post it.

Name brand list I have so far:
Purina
Nutrena
M-G
Scratch and Peck
Manna Pro
Nature's Best
DuMOR
Producer's Pride
Henny Penny
OMC Poultry
BAR-ALE
Onate
Modesto
Payback
Milky Way.
Lone Star.
Healthy Harvest
Wood's
Texas Natural

The only one I buy on occasion that's not on your list is Ranchway.

To throw a wrench (maybe) into your Nutrena stats, at least for their Gamebird feed there are multiple protein options. They only list one on their website but it seems differing levels can be ordered from their distributors. I know this because I had some major confusion between my bags saying 28% while their website says 22%, which suspiciously is the same protein as their meat-bird feed. I had to call around to figure it out.

So it is not that their website is "wrong", but simply that they seem to actually produce and sell more than what they list on their website. Same exact branding, color scheme, graphics, name, etc....
If you take a picture of your specific bag and label and post it here I will had it to my list.

Like I mentioned earlier I really would like all of my stats to come directly from the specific brand's website but I will "accept" pictures from current bags people have on hand.
So if the companies do not have certain "versions" on their site I'm not adding it to my data sheet unless I get pictures.
:lol:

Like I mentioned earlier I really would like all of my stats to come directly from the specific brand's website but I will "accept" pictures from current bags people have on hand.
So if the companies do not have certain "versions" on their site I'm not adding it to my data sheet unless I get pictures.
:lol:

I will shoot you a photo tonight. Can't find the one I had on my phone. But just to show I am not crazy, here are two links to sellers of the 28% version. They don't link to a guaranteed analysis, but I can take a photo when I get home.

https://www.countrymax.com/nutrena-country-feeds-gamebird-turkey-starter-crumble-50-pounds/

https://agwayowegoendicott.com/cata...rena-country-feeds-gamebird-turkey-starter-28

This third link lists 21% and 28%, and even claims the 28% is medicated....which I have never heard of or seen (medicated that is).

http://robbiesfeed.com/animal-feed/1267178

Anyway, will post a photo of the guaranteed analysis tonight.

I will shoot you a photo tonight. Can't find the one I had on my phone. But just to show I am not crazy, here are two links to sellers of the 28% version. They don't link to a guaranteed analysis, but I can take a photo when I get home.

https://www.countrymax.com/nutrena-country-feeds-gamebird-turkey-starter-crumble-50-pounds/

https://agwayowegoendicott.com/cata...rena-country-feeds-gamebird-turkey-starter-28

This third link lists 21% and 28%, and even claims the 28% is medicated....which I have never heard of or seen (medicated that is).

http://robbiesfeed.com/animal-feed/1267178

Anyway, will post a photo of the guaranteed analysis tonight.
Thanks.
I actually didn't look on Nutrena's site for anything "turkey" related.
I am going to dig there a little more. ( I need to see for myself :oops:)

ETA. I checks.
No sign of 28% on the main site.

Why don't these companies put ALL of their feeds on their own site? :barnie

Thanks.
I actually didn't look on Nutrena's site for anything "turkey" related.
I am going to dig there a little more. ( I need to see for myself :oops:)

From my calling around when I was confused a while back, you might not get very far looking at their official site. They seem to play it fast and loose with what they have called things over the years and so many distributors and feed stores use different names for the same product. Their official name on their website for it is "Country Feeds Gamebird". But as you saw in those links, a lot of places use the name "turkey starter" or some other version of "turkey". There is a turkey on the bag! But there is also a chukar, a quail, and a pheasant on the bag as well. Haha.

From my calling around when I was confused a while back, you might not get very far looking at their official site. They seem to play it fast and loose with what they have called things over the years and so many distributors and feed stores use different names for the same product. Their official name on their website for it is "Country Feeds Gamebird". But as you saw in those links, a lot of places use the name "turkey starter" or some other version of "turkey". There is a turkey on the bag! But there is also a chukar, a quail, and a pheasant. Haha.
:barnie

Back
Top Bottom