➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
Like I said I am not done but I'd like to know if you see anything that I could change and or add that might make it easier to read/understand.
Of course I understand every thing on it...does it make sense to you all?

So far it looks fabulous! I think knowing how much Vitamin A, for example, is in each brand of feed is quite interesting and if you can possibly dig all this info up for each brand of feed, this is going to be a terrific chart!! "Sticky" worthy too!! :)

So many of these feed companies skimp on vitamins and such and it would be nice to know which brand is worthy of our birds. :)

I feed mine Allen and page freeholder range.
https://www.allenandpage.com/the-smallholder-range/
It's a good quality feed and not the cheapest. My hens love it and they also give a donation from every sack sold to the British Hen Welfare Trust.
DSC_0463.JPG

DSC_0464.JPG

Are layena layer pellets omega 3 bad for roosters? I read it was but it is easier to buy than the purina flock raiser crumbles.

Omegas are great for all birds and humans alike. Omegas can be found in fish oils, flax oils and seeds, etc...great for the cardiovascular system, essential to life fatty acids. Its the excess calcium that males don't need that does harm. Hens work off the calcium through egg laying where as males have no way of removing all that calcium and it builds up in the kidneys, gives them gout, all kinds of trouble. So definitely try to avoid layer feeds with roosters. Switch to an All Flock feed which has lower calcium. Hens can eat oyster shell on the side for tough egg shells. Old hens not laying will also appreciate an All Flock feed.

Omegas are great for all birds and humans alike. Omegas can be found in fish oils, flax oils and seeds, etc...great for the cardiovascular system, essential to life fatty acids. Its the excess calcium that males don't need that does harm. Hens work off the calcium through egg laying where as males have no way of removing all that calcium and it builds up in the kidneys, gives them gout, all kinds of trouble. So definitely try to avoid layer feeds with roosters. Switch to an All Flock feed which has lower calcium. Hens can eat oyster shell on the side for tough egg shells. Old hens not laying will also appreciate an All Flock feed.
I asked for all flock and noone at tsc knew what it was so I bought the flock raiser crumble as it seemed close enough.

I use Country Road feed for most of my feed. All my birds (except the Moderns) get Country Road’s layer crumble, Scratch grain, and wild bird seed mixed together. I love their feed, my birds love it, and they don’t waste it. For my Moderns, I do use Nutrena. I feed the feather fixer pellets.

Back
Top Bottom