➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
This is an awesome idea. Thank you for all the work you have put into this. I have one question, how do I use the data once I have it. For example I am in the process of changing my all flock pellet because we lost our Southern States distributor. The issue I am running into is choices in my area are Nutrena Country feeds or Poulin grains. I know I want 18-20% protein and calcium hovering between 1-2% but what about fiber and fat these 2 can vary greatly by company.

This is an awesome idea. Thank you for all the work you have put into this. I have one question, how do I use the data once I have it. For example I am in the process of changing my all flock pellet because we lost our Southern States distributor. The issue I am running into is choices in my area are Nutrena Country feeds or Poulin grains. I know I want 18-20% protein and calcium hovering between 1-2% but what about fiber and fat these 2 can vary greatly by company.
I am not sure how to answer you. :oops:

You can use the Google sheet to compare the Nutrena and Poulin feeds side by side as far as their guaranteed analysis data is concerned.

Would you like me to make something for you to look at now, with exact feeds right next to each other?

I can list the your current all flock feed right next to other feeds that are local to you.

I am not sure how to answer you. :oops:

You can use the Google sheet to compare the Nutrena and Poulin feeds side by side as far as their guaranteed analysis data is concerned.

Would you like me to make something for you to look at now, with exact feeds right next to each other?

I can list the your current all flock feed right next to other feeds that are local to you.
What I am asking is- does anyone have any references for what to look for in a poultry feed like the USDA does for humans with dietary guidelines. Over the last year I have searched forums and google reading different studies for chicken nutrition. Everything I have found talks about the needed protein for different life stages but not the other nutrients listed in the guaranteed analysis and these are the values that tend to vary widely brand to brand. For example depending on brand (the ones I have compared) fiber can be anywhere from 4% to as high as 8% and Fat from 2.5% to 4%. I am just wondering the average back yard flock what should I be looking at besides protein and calcium, as I have these figured out.

What I am asking is- does anyone have any references for what to look for in a poultry feed like the USDA does for humans with dietary guidelines. Over the last year I have searched forums and google reading different studies for chicken nutrition. Everything I have found talks about the needed protein for different life stages but not the other nutrients listed in the guaranteed analysis and these are the values that tend to vary widely brand to brand. For example depending on brand (the ones I have compared) fiber can be anywhere from 4% to as high as 8% and Fat from 2.5% to 4%. I am just wondering the average back yard flock what should I be looking at besides protein and calcium, as I have these figured out.
Yes....here ya go:
https://www.nap.edu/catalog/2114/nutrient-requirements-of-poultry-ninth-revised-edition-1994

I use Bartletts starter and grower for all my chickens with a feeder with oyster shells in it for those that need it. The starter grower has 20% protein. They also have layer pellets thats 20% protein but I have mothers with babies and its much easier to feed them all the same thing, especially since they all eat together anyway.

Back
Top Bottom