➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Then get cutting. After your walk. I'm being lazy until egg o'clock, but then I'll start moving again.
Well I’m not sure if I should or if it will be okay the way it is???

EEE022C9-92E3-426C-B3EC-9187B98A76C7.jpeg 1BD019F5-9F0F-4AC5-8F50-B5869063FDCF.jpeg ECAFB65D-2499-492F-BE55-85CC9E88E083.jpeg

Eh. That works.

Egg o'clock is when I go out and gather the eggs, of course! View attachment 2177457

The hens are usually done laying by around 7-7:30 PM, so I usually go out around 7:15 to get the eggs.
Okay good to know! Thanks! Cutting it probably would have been a better idea so I don’t waste it but I’ll try washing it haha

And awesome!!! For some reason I got mixed up for a sec earlier and thought you were only like an hour behind :lau :oops: but then I just remembered haha

Eh. That works.

Egg o'clock is when I go out and gather the eggs, of course! View attachment 2177457

The hens are usually done laying by around 7-7:30 PM, so I usually go out around 7:15 to get the eggs.
Chicken o'cluck is when the birds are let out.
Egg o'cluck is when to collect the eggs.

I should have put QB#16 in lock down last night. Sounds like we will have lots of chick picts from several people this weekend. That is a good thing! We like chick picts.

This batch is presold, so I put every egg in the incubator from all 3 coops. Will be interesting to see if any yellers come out.

QB#17 is lined up and waiting. These eggs are from the Set3 and the one remaining white girl, caramel girl and 2 Jumbo hens. Hoping for a yeller here too. Just for variety.

QB#15 has 4 Rosettas and a wild color. Wild's breast is blushing at 3 weeks. I'll hazard a guess and say male. Clueless on the other 4.

I had to help the last two. Thought they’d be out this morning but nope so I helped them :oops:

Probably shouldn’t have but one I barely helped and he popped out on his own. The other needed a bit more help. Think it was the tiny one with the air cell on the wrong end. His butt got stuck in the small part 😂🤣

And I also think they were shrinkwrapped maybe. Idk. But they seem okay.

Three more eggs left but they’re not pipped yet so I doubt they’ll hatch. I’ll candle after I bring these guys downstairs. Wanted to let them get their feet first haha

I forgot to say I pulled two more eggs from the incubator earlier when I helped the two. I’m not sure if they were clear or early quitters or what though. I cracked them and didn’t see any babies but I swore I did before so maybe EQ. Idk.

There’s still one egg left that looks to have a chick but I didn’t see movement so I think it’s dead but idk.

So far the total is 20 chicks.

18 little quailies have hatched so far.

I gave up with the hobble thing at least for now. It is just impossible to get it around her legs even with help.

BUT!

She seems to be improving and getting around fine even with the splay and sometimes she acts like she doesn’t have a splay at all (like when I put her down on a towel earlier) so :fl

She’s back in the cup for now and I’m going to go get some grippy stuff for the cup and brooder instead of paper towels.
Anyone seen something like this before?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/will-my-quail-survive-any-ideas.1383406/

Sorry but I think that would be terrible in a brooder. How would you clean them?!
I used to use those to wipe glaze off the bottoms of my pottery before firing. I just hosed them off--they cleaned up pretty easily. Poop is different of course, but it might be worth trying. You'd definitely need to let them dry well before using again, but the ones I have dry pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom